Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Witches, Armor, and Dice...oh my!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Implicid wrote:
Btw D-D, i'm just curious as to what you guys are working on right now. Besides the active projects listed I know of GOD and Oni 2. Anything else up your sleeves? :P

Hehehe. Wouldn't you like to know. :) There is one that has not been mentioned yet and ( last I checked and hoped ) is being translated by a VERY GREAT and recognized contributor to this "scene". Don't want to push my luck though. I looked into "Tadaima Yuusha Botsuchuu Okawari" again using
snes9x debug version and it seems this game may have some serious timing issues. It plays fine in Snes9x non debugger and Zsnes, but the debugger version will hang like hell...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:09 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
Hehehe. Wouldn't you like to know. :) There is one that has not been mentioned yet and ( last I checked and hoped ) is being translated by a VERY GREAT and recognized contributor to this "scene". Don't want to push my luck though.

Interesting. I can't wait for the announcement for this mysterious project and its mysterious contributor. 8-)

Bongo` wrote:
I looked into "Tadaima Yuusha Botsuchuu Okawari" again using
snes9x debug version and it seems this game may have some serious timing issues. It plays fine in Snes9x non debugger and Zsnes, but the debugger version will hang like hell...

Tbh I don't really understand the significance with that but I guessing in layman terms that means it will be very difficult to hack? Just curious, if you looked at it already did you find the dialogue or other text to be compressed?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 am 
Site Admin

Implicid wrote:
Tbh I don't really understand the significance with that but I guessing in layman terms that means it will be very difficult to hack? Just curious, if you looked at it already did you find the dialogue or other text to be compressed?

I didn't look into it like that. I did discover that ALL fonts are compressed. In fact, the main font
is stored directly in RAM and accessed that way. I assume the text is compresed. I can check for you really quick.

EDIT: Everything is pretty much a compressed mess. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:16 am 

Bongo` wrote:
I didn't look into it like that. I did discover that ALL fonts are compressed. In fact, the main font
is stored directly in RAM and accessed that way. I assume the text is compresed. I can check for you really quick.

Uh oh. Well that was nice of you to check. Thanks Bongo! So I guess that would be like another Chaos Seed in terms of hacking difficulty right? I'm not a hacker but I knew before you guys took on Chaos Seed that the game was going to be a beast. Great job btw! The work you guys did on it was awesome and I'm so happy to be able to play it finally! :D I know it's been done for awhile now but I never did thank you guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:32 am 
Site Admin

Implicid wrote:
Bongo` wrote:

Uh oh. Well that was nice of you to check. Thanks Bongo! So I guess that would be like another Chaos Seed in terms of hacking difficulty right? I'm not a hacker but I knew before you guys took on Chaos Seed that the game was going to be a beast. Great job btw! The work you guys did on it was awesome and I'm so happy to be able to play it finally! :D I know it's been done for awhile now but I never did thank you guys.

Well let me put it this way. Tadaima is compressed and uses a stupid scheme. Chaos Seed had an easy compression. This game does it just to be a-hole-ish!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:05 am 
Site Admin

Sounds like another Albert Odyssey :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:58 pm 

taskforce wrote:
Sounds like another Albert Odyssey :)

Yikes. Well good luck to the people who are working on it now.

Bongo` wrote:
Well let me put it this way. Tadaima is compressed and uses a stupid scheme. Chaos Seed had an easy compression. This game does it just to be a-hole-ish!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:13 am 
Site Admin

I would certainly like to see Ryuu Knight get translated. It's a great SNES action RPG that's very similar to Rejoice - Another Aretha Kingdom (the original anime series was also nice, not that OVA remake one). I'm not entirely sure, but I think that both games were made by the same company. The first Shining Force Gaiden game for the Game Gear is another nice strategy RPG that also deserves a proper translation. Aside from those two, only Dodge Ball - Kuy Kid (GENS) and Hyper Iria (SNES) are the last two remaining games on my list which I would like to see translated. And from what I've seen, none of them are currently being worked on by any person or group.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:31 am 

I think Shining Force CD had both Shining Force Gaidens translated so if you have never tried playing it, you could there with the updated graphics as well. I miss true Shining Force games :cry:

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:41 am 
Site Admin

I know that Shining Force CD contains the first two Gaiden games, but I wanted to play the original Game Gear version. Shining Force Gaiden 2 was officially translated, the third one was fan translated, leaving only the first one untranslated by anyone. Though you're right, I could always play the CD version of it, which is why I would like to see Haou Taikei Ryuu Knight (SNES) translated most of all.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I would also like to see the first Dual Orb game for the SNES translated. I've always wanted to play that one after I finished the second game using the Transcorp patch. I wonder how good the original one is compared with the sequel?

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)