Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Legend of Double Moon
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:45 am 

Regarding this project, aishsha translated this for Bongo' years ago perhaps as far back as 2008. I think due to a lack of progress, he just decided to do the translation himself a few years ago. At one point I had the project files then I accidentally deleted the files, the stuff in the Ukraine happened (aishsha's country), and now finally I have everything again. I still haven't gotten to looking at everything yet, but the game was mostly hacked and translated. However, there were some serious limitations with item names having an 8 character limitation. My plan is to do some serious interface hacking to overcome this issue, but a lack of ROM space is quite worrysome. So I have to be on top of my game.

Anyhow, this game is now my oldest project with aishsha and I really want to see it finished soon just to put it behind me.

Post subject: Re: Legend of Double Moon
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:19 am 
Site Admin

Bah! I believe i dumped the scripts incorrectly. I tried inserting the text and it was a mess
Of a job. Didn't want to start all over again. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 pm 

Item interfaces hacks :)

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:30 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Item interfaces hacks :)

ImageImageImage

Did you redump the scripts already? There are some major errors in the dumps I made. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:38 pm 

aishsha setup the game with Kruptar, which is another generic script insertion program, but with a nice GUI and text editor etc. As far as I know, he redumped everything and there are no problems with reinserting the text as far as I know.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:33 am 

I spent some more time on this game recently. I've hacked all the spell interfaces so spells can now be 12 characters instead of 8. Works out well because I think the longest spell name is like 12 characters.

I also disassembled and reassembled part of the fixed bank. There were gaps of unused code and unnecessary 16 bit loads and writes for addresses like $0018. I consolidated a large chunk of code and freed up 50 or so sequential bytes at the end of the ROM. My plan is to use that space for additional hacks as they become necessary.

There's also an odd issue with at least two occasions of a tiny sprite appearing on screen when it's not supposed. Very minor, but it appears related to your work, Bongo'.

Anyhow, aishsha really likes this game. He thinks it might be among his most favorite NES games. He's playing through the game right now and inserting his translation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:01 pm 

This project is about 99% finished now. We just have to look into some minor technical issues and I have to do a playthrough to look everything over. But other than that, this game should be ready for testing and release in the near future.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:01 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
This project is about 99% finished now. We just have to look into some minor technical issues and I have to do a playthrough to look everything over. But other than that, this game should be ready for testing and release in the near future.

Always good to reach that point and start the mop-up and punch list.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:47 pm 

Garrett wrote:

99%?? YAY!! I felt quite down when I read in the front page that this project was halted. I thought I'd never see it completed, but it seems it's not going to be that way :D I've been looking at some screenshots and Japanese playthroughs and the game looks fun, the typical classic RPG with overworld and such. I've just completed Chaos World and I'm hoping to give this one a try as well. I'm looking forward to this patch! Thank you very much for your hard work!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:40 pm 

It was released last saturday... ^-^