Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Bakumatsu Korinden ONI ( ONI 2 )
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:21 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Gideon Zhi wrote:
On a slightly tangential note, it might be useful to have a text/event command and/or a button (say, Y) toggle the text window between the bottom and the top of the screen. Given that it was originally oriented on the right side of the screen, having it always on the bottom may block some of the action in events.

That is an issue I worried about but didn't think to address in that fashion. I will give that a go tomorrow. thanks GZ...

On a side note, I am trying windows font to use that may fit the style of the game. So far I have "Wallaby" running in the game. pics attached.

No offense Bongo` but I don't like that in the least. it might be bolder than before but it is quite hard to read. I can not imagine reading that for long periods of time. It would be very bad for the eyes. At least that is the how I feel about it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 pm 

It makes me really, really happy that you consider working on Oni. I would love to see this game become a DD-project somewhere in the (near?) future! Btw., even if I guess that my opinion is not very important to you: I don't think this windows-font looks very good... :roll: But as taskforce has said: No offense! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

I am not back yet, but I am working on Chaos Seed when I get a moment. Hopefully after New Years, I can jump back in fully, unless...

I am looking at possibly buying yet another new house in another state as early as January-February 2013 and gradually "powering it up" (furnishings, etc.) This would be a lake home that would serve as a future split permanent residence (in a tax shelter state) and a getaway for a few more years. The idea is to disengage Sherry from the D.C. workforce and evacuate the metro area. We would need to get that "millstone" D.C. house moved or rented, and it's still partially underwater but re-emerging slowly now that the metro is extending to Dulles Airport. I also need to re-amortize two mortgages into one (dump a HELOC) and transfer title to son #1 re the Chapel Hill abode. I won't start building a lake home from scratch. My hands are already full of partially completed building projects. I'm looking at a turnkey on the lake home, to shift some capital away from shaky appreciation in 401k's, IRA's, stocks, etc. Negotiating a mortgage these days is tougher than screening for a top secret clearance, even with top ratings. The overall house thing is all-consuming, too. If we go forward on the lake abode, this may impact my leisure time for a while longer, per the last seven months.

When all of this (plus ongoing family issues) settle down, I anticipate plunging back into game work (unless the fish are runnin' at the new lake home!). In the meantime, since no one has exactly jumped on it, I will volunteer to coordinate Oni2. You guys work out the fonts and such to your mutual liking. When we have an inserter to play with and a translated block at the lead, give me a shout, and I will hopefully find the time to push the buttons and roll it onward as we've always done successfully in the past.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to translate files or build Kanji tables and such at the moment. I want to spend my limited hobby time on Chaos Seed. I also need to work on the Minerva demo and file a lengthy bug report on Aretha-II that held me up earlier in the year. It appears to be a weird version of a re-direction and/or pointer problem. Solving it should enable me to knock out the rest of the A-II story fairly quickly, but I still think the concept of finishing/releasing A-I first has merit.

Bongo`, Son #2 just got re-settled in South Beach (a three-year fellowship at New World Symphony). He's already clamoring for me to visit sometime, as long as two weeks if he and Eve get that extra room in their final housing arrangement. I will likely fly down and either rent a car or steal Tommy's. Expect me to bang on your door at some point. You're not that far from Miami.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:29 am 
Site Admin

Ah, it certainly is nice to hear from you again Wildbill! I too have been pretty busy these last couple of months, the whole summer in fact... And it's still not quite over. Aside from the non-stop overtime at work, my apartment's landlord decided to update/replace many things in the building. For starters, they removed the bars/railings from the balconies (to which most of us living in the building still can't access because they're not done yet, including myself). Then many of the late 90s - early 2000s appliances were also replaced, including the furnances, fridge and stove.

And if that wasen't enough, the plumbing guys were at it too, replacing the sinks, toilet and even the whole darn bathtub and shower head! Geez, yes people complained about it, but did they have to suddenly start replacing everything at once?! And what's worse is that they only gave us about a week's annoucement. I pretty much had to spend all my time after work to clear out the places where they were going to work, bring everything from one room to another. My back is seriously killing me! That was it, the whole damn summer! And even now they're still not done yet! They said that they'll finish with the balcony by the end of the month, so hopefully I'll be able to get back to work on my translations sometime next week. Though, like Wildbill, I don't think that I'll be able to fully return until by the end of the year or the start of the new one. I haven't really done any translating on my projects in the last past five months or so...

Well anyways, that was it, I don't want to complain too much. I'm just a little annoyed by how painfully busy this summer was, I didn't really get to enjoy any of it and now the winter is coming. Hopefully, we'll all be able to kick it back into full gear during the start of 2013. I'm really looking forward to working on Record of Lodoss War for one. Also, I've seen that a translation has been released on RHDN for a snes game called Energy Breaker. I haven't heard of this game before, is it good? Based on the screen shots I've seen on the project page, it looks pretty cool (kind of like Chaos Seed). I'll try to check it out during the weekend, hopefully, if I can.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:51 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I HAD a translator for a little bit but it seems that person has going AWOL or M.I.A., which ever best fits. :) He did do SOME work but barely enough of a dent to rave about. :( He seemed to be a very good translator too! Hope he's OK.

Here are some pictures of what was done...

Attachments:
File comment: I even added the trigger to move the text box per Gideon. :)
ONI-2_00004.png
ONI-2_00004.png [ 19.06 KiB | Viewed 8785 times ]
ONI-2_00003.png
ONI-2_00003.png [ 20.07 KiB | Viewed 8785 times ]
ONI-2_00002.png
ONI-2_00002.png [ 20.52 KiB | Viewed 8785 times ]
ONI-2_00001.png
ONI-2_00001.png [ 13.96 KiB | Viewed 8785 times ]
ONI-2_00000.png
ONI-2_00000.png [ 14.51 KiB | Viewed 8785 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:07 am 
Site Admin

Just want to say "looking good"! That font is quite readable.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:17 am 

Awesome work as usual. I would suggest ditching the ( in speaker names in favor of : or adding a control code to make the speaker name a different color.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:59 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Awesome work as usual. I would suggest ditching the ( in speaker names in favor of : or adding a control code to make the speaker name a different color.

Yes, that will more than likely be adjusted should this project actually take flight. The person
in charge of editing will more than likely deal with that part of the script. :) Color is a possibility...
Good idea. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:34 am 
Site Admin

Looks great! I really hope that translator comes back...

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:28 am 

FYI, the translator's email was hacked recently...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next