Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Bakumatsu Korinden ONI ( ONI 2 )
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:14 am 
Site Admin

I'm sure he means dialog. The space is as wide as the ill all together. Looking good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
I'm sure he means dialog. The space is as wide as the ill all together. Looking good.

Sleepy typing. I figured t out after a few. :( the space is always default so it will be changed. I actually prefer a bolder font but i know how some of us like to use the BOLD and italic feature added in at times.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:57 pm 

The lowercase n also looks disproportionately large compared to the lowercase m. Or maybe it's the lowercase a that looks too thin? Just sayin'! There's something that's bugging my eyes about the dialog screenshot, aside from the spaces, and I'm not quite sure what it is.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
The lowercase n also looks disproportionately large compared to the lowercase m. Or maybe it's the lowercase a that looks too thin? Just sayin'! There's something that's bugging my eyes about the dialog screenshot, aside from the spaces, and I'm not quite sure what it is.

I know what you mean. Rarely do i use the first font i choose. This font happens to be DotumChe set to 11 i believe...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:33 am 
Site Admin

OK. Somewhat have a translator and the inserter is working about 92% :)
I will need to figure out something with the font. the space is limited and I what better readability.

Attachments:
townie.PNG
townie.PNG [ 16.88 KiB | Viewed 8601 times ]
town name.PNG
town name.PNG [ 15.88 KiB | Viewed 8601 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:41 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I really dislike that font as well for a lot of reasons. I think its unique in some ways but I just don't like it. Especially not on that green there. However, I'm only coming forward on this because you already don't like it. I don't want to squash a font that you're already in love with.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:47 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Yeah, I really dislike that font as well for a lot of reasons. I think its unique in some ways but I just don't like it. Especially not on that green there. However, I'm only coming forward on this because you already don't like it. I don't want to squash a font that you're already in love with.

Whenever I pick a font, I tend to pick it for testing purposes. I have a few fonts I use to display
a newly hacked font routine. I prefer bolder fonts but this game does not lend itself to expansion...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
taskforce wrote:

Whenever I pick a font, I tend to pick it for testing purposes. I have a few fonts I use to display
a newly hacked font routine. I prefer bolder fonts but this game does not lend itself to expansion...

Yeah, I can definitely see where a bolder font would be a bit of an issue on this game, so I'm not against a thin font on this. I just don't particularly like that specific font.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:22 pm 

On a slightly tangential note, it might be useful to have a text/event command and/or a button (say, Y) toggle the text window between the bottom and the top of the screen. Given that it was originally oriented on the right side of the screen, having it always on the bottom may block some of the action in events.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:56 am 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
On a slightly tangential note, it might be useful to have a text/event command and/or a button (say, Y) toggle the text window between the bottom and the top of the screen. Given that it was originally oriented on the right side of the screen, having it always on the bottom may block some of the action in events.

That is an issue I worried about but didn't think to address in that fashion. I will give that a go tomorrow. thanks GZ...

On a side note, I am trying windows font to use that may fit the style of the game. So far I have "Wallaby" running in the game. pics attached.

Attachments:
save.PNG
save.PNG [ 17.01 KiB | Viewed 8553 times ]
yo.PNG
yo.PNG [ 15.79 KiB | Viewed 8553 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next