Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post subject: Re: Dynamic Designs is venturing into other langauges.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:35 am 
Site Admin

Man, I don't think the light can get much greener, everyone is honking and zooming by you and cussing cause you're waiting at a green light now. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:38 am 

Haha, that was a good one ^.^
All right, better step on the pedal then.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:10 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Red Soul wrote:
I too believe "localization" of our english patches, as it were, shouldn't take long since the system is very well in place.
I could even start with Silva Saga 2 since PH's table modifications worked wonderfully and all those dreadful diacritical markings display correctly.
I'm inclined to believe a french font and table is sufficient to create a Portuguese translation.
How about showing the world a Portuguese graphic in SS-II using 4ph's font?

I should have a picture here somewhere, I'll update the post
when I find it.
Heck, if you guys greenlight it, I could start working on the portuguese
version tonight haha.
You're the Project Coordinator, and you know my vote already. You'll need a news page release and a project page. So will Recca soon.

We may also need to figure out how to access the new international project pages if TF doesn't already have a plan. An International Project button with "released" and "ongoing" sub-categories maybe? Poor TF... We're gonna load him down with webmaster duties here.

RS, maybe it's time for you to learn how to post news stories on our home page. If you want to post screen shots, we also need a group policy on who's in charge of what graphics get posted. We never resolved that matter, but your Portuguese graphic didn't spoil anything for me. (Where's my Babel Fish button?)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:25 am 
Site Admin

As far as I'm aware we did. We said the project coordinator gets those duties and makes those decisions. This will be the best approach for the group, although it will lead to a lack of consistency from project to project because each coordinator has his or her own style. We're a fan group, we don't really have to be consistent. Since this is a public forum, I'll leave it at that. If I'm in error, let's open a topic in our private coordination area.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:30 am 

All right, although I'd rather have a good chunk of the script translated before posting screenies,
I suppose an announcement isn't a bad idea.
I'll probably post the patch at POBRE once it gets done and posted here,
its like Brazil's version of RHDN, the acronym stands for
Brazilian Portal For Romhacking and Emulation, more or less and its also
a joke since pobre spells out the word poor in portuguese haha.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:35 am 
Site Admin

I would be interested in translating a number of D-D releases and other games as well (mostly for the Gens and Snes consoles). Of the D-D projects, these currently interest me the most: Burning Heroes, Lodoss War, Villgust, Just Breed, Mystic Ark and Silva Saga-II. Maybe I could work at the same time as Red Soul on some? It would be better to work in a group afterall on this rather than utilizing text editors which may be simple to use, but not 100% efficient. About the possible international font idea, Romanian uses these five unicode (UTF-8) letters: Î Â Ă Ş Ţ / î â ă ş ţ. Though it's not really grammatically correct, it's possible to write in Romanian without the use of these letters (a lot of people do it to save time). I don't think that a lot of people will mind, they're used to this simpe/quick style of writing.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:37 am 
Site Admin

I'll get you setup with villgust once I get time to slimlne my old directory. The problem with Vilgust is that the inserter for it is VERY old, written in quick basic (yes you heard me, quick basic. Hey it worked) and I'll have to give you a quick run through. It would be difficult to move the game to a newer inserter system (not because of the forwarded pointers, cause most can do those now) but just reformatting everything and setting it all up for said new inserter. Just easier to use my old tools instead since they're done and work :)

Be patient with me for now though, I've got a bit of a lack of time issue at the moment that should clear up soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:34 am 
Site Admin

Of course, there's no reason to rush! I hope that I didn't come off as an a$$ or anything, as that wasen't my intention at all... Real life is more important than any hobby afterall. There are also times when I find myself quite busy, even after work. Besides, I still have my CT project to work on as well as further beta testing for Burning Heroes. I've seen some pretty good text editors over at RHDN which I'm currently taking a look at. If they work well, I might get started on another translation soon. The Final Fantasy IV one looks pretty good.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:46 am 

I think it would be a good idea for us to work on internalization concurrently, Recca, that is, working on the same game at the same time, should be easier to focus both efforts and resources in this way.
Obviously there is no rush at all in any of it, artisans and painters don't deliver masterpieces overnight
and I see what we do as a form of art in its own right.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

TF: the trigger routine is probably the best bet. What i have been doing lately is, if i use a windows font for a project, i just dump the complete windows font which contains majority, if not all of the accent characters already. This takes away the use of DTE but if a game is expandable then the DTE routine is no longer needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next