Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The new forum is online!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

The new forum is finally online. It probably still has a lot of tweaking for me left to do. However, I think it is at the point it is in a usable state now. Also, some of you might not like this theme. I'll try to make different ones available later (or not, this one matches the site but maybe I'll pretty it up a bit.)

Yes, the new forum DOES require user registration. And it does have image verification to hopefully keep those spammers away. I've been running the same board system on another site for quite some time.

There are a LOT of forums at the moment. I'd like to get input on if you think its too cumbersome with this many forums (remember that if there is a new message, the icon changes to tell you so you don't have to view all forums) There are other options besides this. It all depends on if people want things to be easy and more messy or highly categorized and more neat. (An alternative option would be one forum for finished projects and one for current projects but that could be very messy)

Finally, let me know if you have any issues via this board with registration, or using the board beyond registration. Give any other general comments you'd like to give. Heck, feel free to moan and groan (keeping it upbeat) if you'd like. Your input will help improve things down the line. And I do take it seriously. The more input on a subject the better for you guys.

Finally, this board will remain able to be posted to for an amount of time until things appear to be working appropriately on the other forum. Probably no more than 1 month. At this time, please DO NOT use this board for new topics (other than new forum related topics, they will be removed.) Only use this board for 2 reasons from this point forward. To report problems and/or comment about the new forums, or to reply to previous topics. It is best to post below this message instead of starting a new one unless it begins to get long.

Thanks and we hope you approve of and like the new system. I'm sure it is one you guys are plenty familiar with from other sites on the web.

Post subject: Re: The new forum is online!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Yay! Good job getting this up and running, TF! How I can finally do those forum-wide searches I'm always complaining about ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:13 pm 
Hi guys. I'm here too, lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

yay! I'm not the only one now ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:00 pm 

Hi there folks! I'm here too, and I gotta say I love this new forum. Its really something like this that I had in mind
when the idea of a new board was mused by us.
Good job TF!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

*Grumble...!!* I had to register in order to post inside my own danged forum! :evil:
Promise me we won't have a bunch of stars and stupid name descriptions next to our handles, such as "Grand Exalted Purveyor of the Master RPG Translators"! As for those dumb-ass cartoon pictures (avatars?) can we use a real photo? :x (All right, so I clicked a few of the faces...)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

Sure, you can use whatever. I still need to tweak that to use larger sizes. Of course I'll be using my Sister Princess pic I use everywhere though haha. Very manly (NOT!) But Area is just too darn cute.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:20 pm 

I like avatars and signatures myself if the size is kept rational and it doesn't litter the board.
If avatars are allowed I guess I'll use the kanji picture I made as it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:10 pm 

Congradulations Dynamic Designs! I love the new forum, great job Taskforce! :D

It's easy on the eyes and I think you covered just about everything I would lke to see as far as categories are concerned. I'm very pleased. One suggestion I have is that you eventually implement a spell checker. I like having those around.

Best of luck in all of your endeavors DD! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

It should put a red underline in your textbox under a mistyped word when you mistype something if you are using the firefox browser. I do not know about other browsers.