Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduction Videos of our games at YouTube
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:44 am 
Site Admin

I have been uploading both project and released patch introduction videos to our YouTube account that I created for this purpose. Following Taskforce's advice, I am limiting my most recent videos to introduction and early action only, not boss battles, major spoiler scenes, or ending themes. I have also tagged a few community videos as favorites. These are clearly labeled regarding spoiler content and are in the public domain already. I intend to upload one video for each of our finished games and patches in work that have been advanced far enough to have introductory videos.

Rather than post to the applicable project pages, here is the Channel URL: http://www.youtube.com/user/wildbilldd?feature=mhum

I need to provide access information to the core members so they may help me maintain the channel. We are starting to draw a few comments here and there, so members may wish to cruise through the channel occasionally.

Post subject: Re: Introduction Videos of our games at YouTube
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:54 am 

What do you use to take videos of your games? I managed it with Tactics Ogre, but it was one hell of a chore to get both the video and the sound.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:35 am 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
What do you use to take videos of your games? I managed it with Tactics Ogre, but it was one hell of a chore to get both the video and the sound.
CamStudio http://camstudio.org/ and SolveigMM AVI Trimmer http://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/avi-trimmer-mkv/ are free and seem to be doing the trick quickly and efficiently if I don't need to trim more than the front and back ends of a raw video file. Set the recording level for your sound card way down so your audio doesn't clip, and use a fast PC that doesn't have sudden surge demands on the CPU coming out of some resident program running in the background (as I do on the old machine I'm currently using). Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Gideon Zhi wrote:
CamStudio http://camstudio.org/ and SolveigMM AVI Trimmer http://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/avi-trimmer-mkv/ are free and seem to be doing the trick quickly and efficiently if I don't need to trim more than the front and back ends of a raw video file. Set the recording level for your sound card way down so your audio doesn't clip, and use a fast PC that doesn't have sudden surge demands on the CPU coming out of some resident program running in the background (as I do on the old machine I'm currently using). Good luck!
Just Breed demo just uploaded! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0vwq6AAZJc

Ah, Drakee... get the hook, grab me by the neck, and keep me on task with CS... I wanna play this game! The music pulls me in after the naming screen.

Bongo`, do we still have a functional insertion system for JB?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 am 
Site Admin

Hehe. Someone has to get me back on task with CS :oops:
The past few days I've been trying to solve my buildings plumbing problems... The whole damn system is iced up. Going without any water is not a great way to start the week.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:14 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
The past few days I've been trying to solve my buildings plumbing problems... The whole damn system is iced up. Going without any water is not a great way to start the week.
I suggest a free-standing omnidirectional kerosene heater, max BTU model. You'll need to refuel it every 12 hours or so, but it should get you through the Kamchatskiy cold snap, or whatever your equivalent of an Alberta clipper is, huh?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:55 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:

I was without water for 4 days last week myself. Sadly, the pipe that broke was in an area that you have to be darned small to reach. I'm not the smallest of dudes, so I had to wait until my nephew could get a day off from his construction job to get to it. Always seems to be that one pipe you can't reach :(

Now I've got a stomach bug. I was happily loading news into the database early this afternoon when it hit. Brought what I was doing to a screeching halt. And I've felt horrible ever since. I hope it goes away quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:07 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Draken wrote:

I was without water for 4 days last week myself. Sadly, the pipe that broke was in an area that you have to be darned small to reach. I'm not the smallest of dudes, so I had to wait until my nephew could get a day off from his construction job to get to it. Always seems to be that one pipe you can't reach :(

Now I've got a stomach bug. I was happily loading news into the database early this afternoon when it hit. Brought what I was doing to a screeching halt. And I've felt horrible ever since. I hope it goes away quickly.
I hate plumbing!! Sherry finally said I could hire one for the house u/c, when we resume work in late winter. As for you, sounds worse than a Maalox Moment... Get well, pal!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:10 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
taskforce wrote:
Draken wrote:

I hate plumbing!! Sherry finally said I could hire one for the house u/c, when we resume work in late winter. As for you, sounds worse than a Maalox Moment... Get well, pal!!

I don't mind plumbing. I can handle it no sweat, but you gotta be able to get to it to handle it :)