Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: About Bongo`
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:06 am 
Site Admin

I want to share some more information about Bongo`.

It must have been about a year ago that Bongo` informed the core group of the same situation that has recently demanded most of his spare his time and energies. Indeed, after a fairly significant amount of time passed, I guess we all assumed that Bongo` had resolved the matter in a positive manner. That was not the case, however. Regardless, we released Mystic Ark and Slayers during that same time frame, only to learn recently that the situation was not resolved. In fact, it suddenly advanced to a crisis level.

Let me tell you what Bongo` said to us about a year ago. Concerned that his personal situation might distract him from providing his best work for the translations, he gave us a green light to try recruiting another assembly hacker to replace him. Unanimously, we responded by telling Bongo` he was irreplaceable. Although we might team up with other good people for joint projects, we voted that we would rather place our existing projects on hold than do what Bongo` gave us permission to do.

Just the same - as I said in a different thread - no games in work are really on hold. Progress continues on Burning Heroes and other projects, as I type. It's just that we may experience some delays in release dates until Bongo` performs certain coding functions that he alone among our core team members has the expertise to perform.

I just wanted classic RPG lovers to know that Bongo`'s situation did not arise just recently. Despite his anguish, Bongo` has turned out some of his best work while carrying a weighty burden that might have broken the spirit of a lesser man.

Like a lot of situations in this cruel world, finding a happy ending for Bongo`'s situation may require a hefty amount of cash that he doesn't have at the moment. Some of us on the team have offered amounts that may be sufficient, if and when the need arises. In the event he needs more, we may set up a Paypal donation vehicle for Bongo`. We hope it doesn't come to this, but, in our opinions, Bongo` has already given the world more than enough to deserve such help.

Post subject: Re: About Bongo`
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:40 pm 

Maybe I'll in position to help a little, if tomorrow(19.05) my case against polish army goes well =P. Can have some big compensation for body damages, so I'll donate, but if army will appeal, then my case may to be even year longer ;(. But if everything goes well I'll donate for sure.

The world is cruel indeed...