Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Slayers Intro Spot Translation Request - Compressed Graphics
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Request assistance translating these Intro lines... This is not insert-able text, rather they're previously compressed graphics. Many thanks!!

BTW, we have made excellent progress with the Character Status pages. Scrolling bottom text is now fully operational. Hats off to Bongo` for the serious recoding work. Maybe put one of those hats back on Bongo`'s head so he'll stop tearing out his hair over this stuff!! Yep, Lots of ASM fixes went into this phase of the project, but the toughest cookie has been Minna the Save Girl. When Filler gets time to translate all of the scrolling text strings, and I get time to polish and insert them, we'll be looking good!! We're gettin' there...!

Post subject: Re: Slayers Intro Spot Translation Request - Compressed Graphics
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:13 pm 

Spot translation request has been taken care of, I'll keep an eye on its developments; and its great to see the menus evolving even further, congrats yet again Bongo'.
Don't you ever get tired of being awesome eh? haha good work buddy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:18 pm 

Here is the link for the RHDN topic, if consultation is required.
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... 050.0.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:36 pm 

Yes is looking good look forward to play the beta patch ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Request assistance translating these Intro lines... This is not insert-able text, rather they're previously compressed graphics. Many thanks!!

BTW, we have made excellent progress with the Character Status pages. Scrolling bottom text is now fully operational. Hats off to Bongo` for the serious recoding work. Maybe put one of those hats back on Bongo`'s head so he'll stop tearing out his hair over this stuff!! Yep, Lots of ASM fixes went into this phase of the project, but the toughest cookie has been Minna the Save Girl. When Filler gets time to translate all of the scrolling text strings, and I get time to polish and insert them, we'll be looking good!! We're gettin' there...!

Hmm, what does that say scrolling in the background??? Heheh. I also have Johnny's Intro Mode-7 Data loading but I have to make a few fixes and adjustments.

filler:
johnny never answered my e-mail that I sent him so I just used the stuff since you already had it. I just re-coded the asm and adjusted the files he had to do what the game originally did. I have the files compressed and processed in a cleaner fashion. :)

Attachments:
File comment: Scrolling back ground...
status.png
status.png [ 15.9 KiB | Viewed 12490 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:10 pm 

Bongo`, i just registered to say only one thing: YOU ROCK! :)
As a huge Slayers fan, i'm looking forward to this patch!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Amon_Re wrote:
Yep, he does... Welcome to the board, Amon_Re. Give Filler some credit, too. He is the heart and soul of this project. He translated most of it, and he has held onto all of the archives these many years. Don't forget Robert Boyd's work either, not to mention RPGOne. But without Bongo`'s recent magic, you're right - again!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:16 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Amon_Re wrote:
Yep, he does... Welcome to the board, Amon_Re. Give Filler some credit, too. He is the heart and soul of this project. He translated most of it, and he has held onto all of the archives these many years. Don't forget Robert Boyd's work either, not to mention RPGOne. But without Bongo`'s recent magic, you're right - again!

True, all you guys are doing a stellar job, when Chris passed away i had kind of given up on ever seeing this game translated, imagine my surprise when i stumbled on this site :)

This month has been a good one, found out Slayers was making excellent progress, and Lunar Walking School has been translated (another game that looked like it'd never be done), 2010 will be a good year :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:46 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Hmm, what does that say scrolling in the background??? Heheh. I also have Johnny's Intro Mode-7 Data loading but I have to make a few fixes and adjustments.

filler:
johnny never answered my e-mail that I sent him so I just used the stuff since you already had it. I just re-coded the asm and adjusted the files he had to do what the game originally did. I have the files compressed and processed in a cleaner fashion. :)

That is so cool! Nice job! I'm really glad you were able to make use of it and I hope it made things easier for you. Don't think badly of Jonny, I don't remember how timely his correspondence usually is, but it's always been valuable.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Bongo` wrote:

filler:

That is so cool! Nice job! I'm really glad you were able to make use of it and I hope it made things easier for you. Don't think badly of Jonny, I don't remember how timely his correspondence usually is, but it's always been valuable.

I should have checked my email before posting because he did write me. :)