Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The polished and formatted First Draft of Slayers Intro #2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:54 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Quote:
Member wrote:
Lina says something about, "Stop whining, huh...?" which when said to Connie (as in, "Connie, you dork, stop whining") feels a bit odd for her to follow that up with "huh...?"

Wildbill wrote:
It's a colloquial expression I hear and read quite often, used by kids and even older people that could also be expressed as already, will you, or even will-ya. Do you like any of those options better? BTW, do you live in a English-speaking country such as the U.S., Britain, Canada, or Australia?

Let me step on your toes here. Slayers isn't a 2009 thing. It shouldn't use that hip new lingo all the kiddies trying to look cool in middle school are using. This is originally back from the 90's. The first series is from 1995 and the manga is even older, so I agree that this doesn't sound right.

Second, Lina is very abusive. So, honestly I'd see her saying something more along the lines of "Will you just shut the hell up already!" Remember when I said Lina would rather blow someone up as to deal with them. I wasn't kidding. She is just that abusive to others. There really isn't much of a tender bone in her body. Keep that in mind while writing.

Anothing thing "Aw that really smarts" or whatever should be "Aw! Damn that smarts!"

Do not be afraid of Damn, Hell ect in this game. Lina isn't :)

Couple of quick points here:

In other discussions I have alluded to Lina being subdued at the start of this game - for good reason. I can't say much more without a disclosing a major plot spoiler, but at the end of the first dungeon she reveals something rather shocking to Connie and Naga.

Much deeper into the game, an almost diabolical plot twist explains everything. The apparent ending of the game is almost bizarre, then the game goes on a while longer, totally unexpectedly. That's all I should say, except the profanity isn't indicated in the early dialogue as it was in Feda and even a few spots in Mystic Ark.

Post subject: Re: The polished and formatted First Draft of Slayers Intro #2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:58 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Damn! Hell yeah! I see this game starting to take shape. I believe it is / will be headed the right direction. :)
And it will head in that direction even faster with (hee-hee...) MENU support!!