Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this the same Robert Boyd?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 pm 

I just saw a RPG for an XBox Live coming in April and I remember hearing the name Robert Boyd from somewhere in the past. I was looking at the completed project page for Slayers and I saw his name and I was wondering if this was the same Robert Boyd who is making this RPG in the link below:

http://xboxhornet.wordpress.com/2010/03 ... h-preview/

It looks like he ripped some graphics from Dragon Quest 2 (I think) and he's releasing this game for only 80 Microsoft points (about 1 dollar) and is supposed to last 4-6 hours. For that price I'll take a chance and buy it but I was wondering if this was the same person? If it is, maybe you should let him know you completed the game he started long ago. He would probably get a kick out of it.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Is this the same Robert Boyd?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
I just saw a RPG for an XBox Live coming in April and I remember hearing the name Robert Boyd from somewhere in the past. I was looking at the completed project page for Slayers and I saw his name and I was wondering if this was the same Robert Boyd who is making this RPG in the link below:

http://xboxhornet.wordpress.com/2010/03 ... h-preview/

It looks like he ripped some graphics from Dragon Quest 2 (I think) and he's releasing this game for only 80 Microsoft points (about 1 dollar) and is supposed to last 4-6 hours. For that price I'll take a chance and buy it but I was wondering if this was the same person? If it is, maybe you should let him know you completed the game he started long ago. He would probably get a kick out of it.
Robert is a member of this board, and he has posted here several times before. I seem to recall that he congratulated us for Slayers around the time we were approaching beta. I offered him an early or pre-beta patch, but he said he was busy with a game-related project at that time and would wait for our release. I don't know if this game you referenced is the exact one he was referring to or if we have two Robert Boyds out there who have been involved in this sort of thing. Maybe we'll find out if/when Robert posts again.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:49 am 

The game was finished a week or so ago. Here is the link, its been getting pretty good ratings.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games ... 2585504bd/

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:26 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
The game was finished a week or so ago. Here is the link, its been getting pretty good ratings.

Way to go, Robert! I'm way behind the times with how this sort of thing works now, but I've gathered enough that, with these ratings, you must be busier than a one-armed paper-hanger!! Stop by and say hello when you get a chance.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:35 pm 

Yeah, I've been crazy busy the past few days - sending out emails to websites to try to increase coverage of the game, answering fan emails and interview requests, following message board discussions to see what people like and what we ought to improve for our next game, etc. Breath of Death VII's reception has been very strong - we have an average user rating of 4.75/5 and we've sold around 6k copies so far. I don't know if we'll make enough for me to start making RPGs full time, but it's certainly a promising start.

I have tried the Slayers translation, but just briefly (maybe the first 30 minutes or so). I liked what I saw though. Hopefully, I'll have some time to play more this month.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Nice! Try bringing it to the iphone next so that I can play a little ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Robert Boyd wrote:
Yeah, I've been crazy busy the past few days - sending out emails to websites to try to increase coverage of the game, answering fan emails and interview requests, following message board discussions to see what people like and what we ought to improve for our next game, etc. Breath of Death VII's reception has been very strong - we have an average user rating of 4.75/5 and we've sold around 6k copies so far. I don't know if we'll make enough for me to start making RPGs full time, but it's certainly a promising start.

I have tried the Slayers translation, but just briefly (maybe the first 30 minutes or so). I liked what I saw though. Hopefully, I'll have some time to play more this month.
Super!! I hope you succeed, Robert, big-time. Tell me where I can buy a copy. I'll up your sales figs for Breath of Death VII by one more copy! I encourage all of you RPG-lovers who visit here to do the same.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:47 pm 

ultpaladin already posted the link to buy the game or download the demo:

Alternatively, you can get it via the XBox 360 Live Dashboard. Just go to:
Games Marketplace -> Indie Games -> Top Rated

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:02 am 

This game is now available on PC too if anyone is interested in getting this game and helping out indie RPG developers. There is also an even better game that was recently released.