Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Having Some Trouble Patching the ROM...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:23 am 

@Hudson: Don't use ucon64 by itself unless you are familiar with commandline prompts. Use it along with u-fox a frontend especially developed to make it easier to use ucon64.

However I find that u-fox doesn't optimizes all of ucon64's vast commands like commands specifically designed for SNES copier/Loader users as well as several commands aimed at PS1 ISO error correction. As for SNES specific commands, u-fox doesn't have the "interleave/de-interleave ROM" command which was left in commandline form, a major shame if you ask me :(

Also, if you're having trouble using ucon64, here's a brief/basic tutorial I posted on another forum I frequent:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=22223.0

I just hope this is OK with Wildbill & Red Soul, seeing as several other forums do not like referrals or links to & from other forums as part of their forum rules.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:54 am 

Worry not. I have made several referrals to RHDN and also emulatior author sites.
If a link is useful and could potentially help, by all means post it, just refrain from posting rom sites (tools are fine though)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:47 pm 

I used NSRT to remove the header and everything seems to be working correctly. I want to thank you for helping me out! And I also want to thank the development team who worked on the patch! I know I'll be enjoying the game, so thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:49 am 

Hello friends,

I'm trying to install the game at work but this is not my computer and I got a lot of trouble. This computer has windows Vista, when I try to use ZSNES, it's freezing the computer and I have to reboot it.

Others emulators works and the rom too, but when I am trying to patch it, it does not work anymore. I tried to download NSRT but my computer does not recognize this program.

BSNES and snes9x works on this computer. If one of you can try to help me having a good day at work :mrgreen: I'll be very reconnaissant.

Merci beaucoup.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

I believe NSRT is only for OSX. Most people still use good ol' SNESTOOL to remove headers. It's quite ancient, though, and I'm not sure how well it will work on VISTA.

1: Download correct rom (as described in the readme)

2: Remove ROM header

3: Apply patch with an IPS patching program (or use emulator's auto patch feature)

4. Play game on an emulator (I used BSNES as it is the most accurate emulator out there)

5. Ogle the Naga pic in the splashscreen and enjoy the game

Remember to always read the readme before trying to do anything ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:14 pm 

Quote:
Remember to always read the readme before trying to do anything

You know, if I'm asking it's because I already read the readme document and the forum and tried stuffs.

1 : I got the correct ROM

2 : I tried SNEStool and it works, thx to you :D . I removed the header.

3 : I applied patch using Arkana

4 : Zsnes does not work on this computer but BSNES v060 and snes9x works

5 : It's an epic fail, emulators doesn't recognize the rom, it's just a black screen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:18 pm 

You can cut out some of those steps if you find the right Slayers file in the beginning. All I did for Slayers version 1.0 was find a file that matched the size mentioned in the readme exactly. Then I just used LunarIPS to patch the file and it was ready to play.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:00 pm 

In addition to filesize, i used the checksums as well and patch&play worked without problems on the first try. But i had to get 4 or 5 Slayers roms.
Played on BSNES 060.

And thanks for the patch. I still have a email from 1999, someone saying he is working on a english patch. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:15 pm 

Gruic wrote:
Hello friends,

I'm trying to install the game at work but this is not my computer and I got a lot of trouble. This computer has windows Vista, when I try to use ZSNES, it's freezing the computer and I have to reboot it.

Others emulators works and the rom too, but when I am trying to patch it, it does not work anymore. I tried to download NSRT but my computer does not recognize this program.

BSNES and snes9x works on this computer. If one of you can try to help me having a good day at work :mrgreen: I'll be very reconnaissant.

Merci beaucoup.

NSRT is also for windows, it just so happens that the link I gave previously was meant for OSX because a previous user was having problems.
Check here ( http://www.romhacking.net/?category=&Pl ... NSRT&desc= )
Also since you're using Vista, make sure to try compatibility mode if you run into problems.