Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: BAD ROM!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:51 am 

I believe the reason for that is most translation groups dislike having pre-patched roms distributed you see.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:00 pm 

Red Soul wrote:
I believe the reason for that is most translation groups dislike having pre-patched roms distributed you see.

To avoid anti-piracy laws & penalties I presume? If that's the case, then it really is imperative that fans of fan translators learn how to fiddle with their ROMs so they can apply patches themselves :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:08 pm 

Correct, and also to avoid undue credit being given for the work (although modernly, the use of splash screens largely denies credit theft by lowlifes).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:44 pm 

I'm a stupid person who has no idea what he's doing and is terribly afraid of downloading garbage for sketchy virus laden websites.

I've checked every rom site I know for the slayers rom...none of them have it in the EXACT size that the file specified.

I tried patching with a patcher even though I don't know what I'm doing or if I even have the right rom...none of the patched roms will load in bsnes which I got from zophar....kaspersky tells me it's behaving "like" a keylogger...I don't know what that means...if I'm virused or not but I digress...

Could any send me a patched one or tell me how to contact them in a pm?

I'm sorry if this is a moddable topic...but I've been waiting nearly a decade to play this awesome game in a language I can understand...but I don't want to swiss cheese my computer doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Kanamekazuma wrote:
I'm a stupid person who has no idea what he's doing and is terribly afraid of downloading garbage for sketchy virus laden websites.

I've checked every rom site I know for the slayers rom...none of them have it in the EXACT size that the file specified.

I tried patching with a patcher even though I don't know what I'm doing or if I even have the right rom...none of the patched roms will load in bsnes which I got from zophar....kaspersky tells me it's behaving "like" a keylogger...I don't know what that means...if I'm virused or not but I digress...

Could any send me a patched one or tell me how to contact them in a pm?

I'm sorry if this is a moddable topic...but I've been waiting nearly a decade to play this awesome game in a language I can understand...but I don't want to swiss cheese my computer doing it.
You don't need to be apologetic. All of us at D-D are committed to helping people play our patches, especially those new to emulators and ROMs.

So, just be patient and one of the team will hook up with you soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:24 pm 

Ok thanks.

I just tried reading the stuff about headers and when my eyes crossed over, my vision turned red, and I started speaking in backwards Aramaic, my priest thought that I should consult a higher power for outside help >_>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:41 am 

Prepatched would be somewhat of a counter-procedure, but worry not, I believe I can handle this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:57 am 
Site Admin

Master Chen wrote:
Um...if by any means D-D group allows me to help this person, then could I just post here a link where he can download original ROM, or just already patched version (I'll upload it somewhere like megaupload)?
This should easily resolve many problems...I guess?
I also can post some links to the necessary soft needed (Like NSRT and ipsXP or similar - if it's about patching, and not downloading already patched version) and even explain to him directly what and where to do.
Via PM to him directly, or here.

So if D-D says their "yes", then I'll do it.
In general, you game players should help each other all you can and are willing to do. The only fine line I want you to consider here is to avoid using our site in a way that suggests we are a mass ROM distributor of the games we translate. Therefore, a selective link here and there that stays active for a short time and is intended to assist a specific individual - I can live with that occasionally. The best way, however, is to hook up with each other privately and share your "resources" privately.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:15 am 

Bwuahahaha it works it works! Now if Berserk and Evangelion get a proper manga ending before Kentaro Miura Yoshiyuki Sadomoto die the final signs of the prophecy will have come to pass!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:19 am 
Site Admin

Kanamekazuma wrote:
Bwuahahaha it works it works! Now if Berserk and Evangelion get a proper manga ending before Kentaro Miura Yoshiyuki Sadomoto die the final signs of the prophecy will have come to pass!
We are happy to see you happy. Enjoy the game!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next