Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ultpaladin - an issue at Gamefaqs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:45 am 
Site Admin

A player has reported at Gamefaqs that new companions are joining at Level 99. This blew me away at first, but I believe I know what could cause this. Two things come to mind, but would you please investigate?

First, loading cheat codes might totally hose this game. I've seen it happen with others. This game can be mastered without cheats. Any one who wants to ruin the purity of this game with cheats... Well, such players shouldn't be surprised when they ruin their games with cheats!

Second, if a player is in the late stages of the game, some companions DO join at level 99. We just need to know more details.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Ultpaladin - an issue at Gamefaqs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 pm 

Yes willbill :lol: zelgadis,gourrie and ameria are at level 99 when they join, Saikyo Mog refers to that ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 pm 

I have the thread tracked, and I'll clarify whatever is needed to the user there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:11 am 

Sorry about my late arrival to this. We had a scheduled power outage (got a notice from the power company) and it took out the wireless with it even when the power returned. Wireless service returned about 8 hours afterwards.

I think Red Soul covered the issue for this scenario. I did notice while I was searching for a Slayers file with the right file size to apply the most recent patch to that there are a lot of Slayers files that seem to have cheating alterations on it just like Mystic Ark. So if someone shows up saying they went up 20 levels after one battle, that is the cause ;)

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Sorry about my late arrival to this. We had a scheduled power outage (got a notice from the power company) and it took out the wireless with it even when the power returned. Wireless service returned about 8 hours afterwards.

I think Red Soul covered the issue for this scenario. I did notice while I was searching for a Slayers file with the right file size to apply the most recent patch to that there are a lot of Slayers files that seem to have cheating alterations on it just like Mystic Ark. So if someone shows up saying they went up 20 levels after one battle, that is the cause ;)
If you have an opportunity, please find out what emulator the fellow was using when his "Fin" screen locked. Oh yeah... Was he using any cheats. If he's using BSNES or SNESGT and no cheats, your suggestion to get us a save is very good. If he's using any other emulator, it could be a problem of support. We would need to load his save into a Japanese ROM and see if the hang still occurs (in the same emulator he was using).

I don't know if you remember or not, but this screen originally had three artifacts with our initial load. Bongo` did an ASM update to remove them, and I recall he was not 100% satisfied with his resolution. He never said why, but my game worked perfectly with his fix, so I updated everyone and the show went on. But that doesn't mean we couldn't have a random glitch. Potentially, this is a serious glitch that Bongo` may need to readdress, so please find out all you can.