Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post subject: Re: I found a text glitch early on in the game
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:34 pm 

well a few fixes then, I hope you also release the 1.02 of feda as well thanks willbill.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

alexander_13 wrote:
well a few fixes then, I hope you also release the 1.02 of feda as well thanks willbill.

I'm the holdup on that. Its nearly done and should be out next week (It would have been out this week but I got much more tied up this week than I expected.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:06 am 
Site Admin

Master Chen wrote:
Well, I really hope that we won't be needing anything like 1.02 or even 1.03 sometime in a future.

Everything looks great so far (I almost completed it for the first time...and yes, I love to play my games looong (Gah, I've got over 200 in-game hours by the end of disc 1 in FF VIII! Get the picture about me, lolz!) and without any haste, since I'm not any kind of a speed-run geek and I'm definitely not a beta-tester), and I hope that 1.01 will be that final polishing stroke that will made a final working act on this game completed absolutely.

Feda is fully playable as it stands right now. It is minor tweaks that are occurring with this game, not anything major. The other thing is that Feda was a more complicated script than Slayers. But if slayers requires a 1.02, then you can rest assured it will get a 1.02 :)

Look at it like this, it is no different than current games work. And we're better about it to boot. I swear you can't turn on a PS3 or a 360 and start a game every day without some kind of update wanting to be installed. And half the time the darn things take longer to install than you spend playing the game. At least ours are small downloads ^_^

And unlike the olden days, you also aren't stuck with misspelled words either. Or the "All your bases are belong to us!" HAHAHA We'd never do that unless we did it as a joke. I wouldn't put THAT past us :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:45 pm 

Hey guys, I forgot to mention that I loved the "Tells City Wives", a term I borrowed from the title of that movie "The Stepford Wives" which was about this town where all the women (wives) were robotic replacements of the actual wives of the men living there.

That one house where those four women were BS'ing you guys were funny :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

CRV10 wrote:
Hey guys, I forgot to mention that I loved the "Tells City Wives", a term I borrowed from the title of that movie "The Stepford Wives" which was about this town where all the women (wives) were robotic replacements of the actual wives of the men living there.

That one house where those four women were BS'ing you guys were funny :)
Glad to hear that approach worked, and we certainly appreciate the feedback. Normally, we put our little "stamp" on an English game by finding four or five merry fellows sitting in a bar somewhere, and we have them pop off a bit, weaving our personalities into the game plot structure of the affected strings (i. e. Lennus-II and Feda). In Slayers, however, we had many contributors we hoped to acknowledge, plus, our dedication did not fit into the introduction of this particular game, as I would have preferred. So, we tried this new approach - basically having a group of women gossip about everyone.

I am also happy that we had a bonus game for working in this feature. In Mystic Ark, the only place we could find for a mini-skit similar to this was at the end of the final confrontation with Darkness. This bothered Remilia Scarlet a lot, because he became so absorbed with that villain's persona, he preferred no distractions. After a lengthy discussion, R.S. finally conceded that we had no other logical location.

The main theme of the Tells City Wives scene was to alert players to shop for bargains, so we kept that message intact.

BTW, speaking of bargains and tight money, a Garuda Lamp is hidden in a chest somewhere in Slayers. I never bought or used that lamp, so players can sell the found lamp and have plenty of money for a while.

On a similar note regarding the scarcity of funds, I believe the earlier Thieves Dens reset after a certain progression of game play. I seem to recall going back to countries I visited earlier and re-collecting the items in the chests, as well as the 50 gold pieces from each of the three rooms containing robbers walking around. Heh, those Thieves' Dens script lines may get old in a hurry, but new money is always helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:45 am 

@Wildbill: I actually like it when you guys do skits like that in a game you worked on . And yes, the NPCs doing them being hidden, hence being a "bonus" for us players is indeed a rewarding easter egg to find.

Actually, in Johannes City I'm pretty sure the NPC saying "I seem to have a crick on my neck" was a Mystic Ark reference. A good way to tie in your past projects if I do say so myself.

And aside from you guys I remember the former staff at DeJap doing the same thing with Bahamut Lagoon, albeit they used their names as the names of some items in game. And Nightcrawler's Transcorp does something of the sort too. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

CRV10 wrote:
@Wildbill: I actually like it when you guys do skits like that in a game you worked on . And yes, the NPCs doing them being hidden, hence being a "bonus" for us players is indeed a rewarding easter egg to find.

Actually, in Johannes City I'm pretty sure the NPC saying "I seem to have a crick on my neck" was a Mystic Ark reference. A good way to tie in your past projects if I do say so myself.

And aside from you guys I remember the former staff at DeJap doing the same thing with Bahamut Lagoon, albeit they used their names as the names of some items in game. And Nightcrawler's Transcorp does something of the sort too. :)
One thing I forgot to mention was that I believe an NPC in Dragon Warrior-I was handled this way, in reference to either an author or an Enix figure. That sort of thing has always added to the fun and titillated me. Savoring such ties-in during long games is like adding spice to bland food at some point in a big meal!

Yep, that string translation concerning the sore neck was almost identical to the junior enlisted cat who got the crappy bunk in the Sand World (I) of Mystic Ark. To make the town characters in Slayers even more interesting, we couldn't resist!

Those other fellows you mentioned do/did really fine work. I miss Dark Force being around. I hope he's okay.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 pm 

Maybe if another planet went kaboom in the system it would mean another real Phantasy Star game haha.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 pm 

Zio gets a 10/10 in the wardrobe quesite in my book.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:08 pm 

Hi guys, sorry to be a bit of a nag.... but when will version 1.01 of the patch be out?

I can't wait to replay the game properly without cheating & rushing things this time around :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next