Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post subject: Re: I found a text glitch early on in the game
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:17 pm 

Hello there.

First off, congratulations on getting this project done in record time and with style. I'd been waiting for a translation to materialize for such a long time. Keep up the good work, good sirs :)

I did spot a few minor issues during my short playthrough. Here they are:

1) [Link] Shouldn't that be "accidentally"? If that's a stylistic choice, sorry for the false alarm.

2) [Link] This is just nitpicking, but could you replace the original Engrishy "TURNED" with "TURNS"?

3) [Link] In the intro you have "doramata" down as "Dragon Spooker", but not here.

4) [Link] "Lesser Armor" should be "Leather Armor", I think.

5) I don't have a screenshot for that, but I'm pretty sure "War Mantis" should be a "Weremantis".

That's pretty much it. If something else pops up, I'll be sure to let you know.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:31 pm 

Thank you for your observations.
Having been responsible for beta testing as well as coordinating two more assets for that end
I will check upon the points you've risen, although I can already dismiss a few of them (for reasons I will specify):

1) This may be a legitimate mistake, will check.

2) That was noted by me before, but this text may not be easily editable, so we left it be at the time in fear
of breaking something else. Ideally these labels would have to be completely reworked to make sense, and that
would take the kind of space we may or may not have in hand.

3) The scrolling text has different space restraints than the tile format graphic used in the introduction.
Again it may break something to try to fit Dragon Spooker there, although I'm making no more than an
educated assumption

4) Although Lesser Armor is less common than Leather Armor its not entirely impossible, although
it may have been a slight misstep. The rest of the group needs to weight in on this.

5) You are probably correct on this one, although a picture to check on the monster's looks
(been a while and I did play through the game more than most mortals would) would be helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Thank you for your observations.
Having been responsible for beta testing as well as coordinating two more assets for that end
I will check upon the points you've risen, although I can already dismiss a few of them (for reasons I will specify):

1) This may be a legitimate mistake, will check.

2) That was noted by me before, but this text may not be easily editable, so we left it be at the time in fear
of breaking something else. Ideally these labels would have to be completely reworked to make sense, and that
would take the kind of space we may or may not have in hand.

3) The scrolling text has different space restraints than the tile format graphic used in the introduction.
Again it may break something to try to fit Dragon Spooker there, although I'm making no more than an
educated assumption

4) Although Lesser Armor is less common than Leather Armor its not entirely impossible, although
it may have been a slight misstep. The rest of the group needs to weight in on this.

5) You are probably correct on this one, although a picture to check on the monster's looks
(been a while and I did play through the game more than most mortals would) would be helpful.
I am remiss in not responding sooner, mziab. It is reports such as yours that help us turn out the best translations. I know that number 1 needs to follow your recommendation. I have flagged a note to myself to make this change. The naming conventions are entirely up to Filler. And, Doromata and Dragon Spooker do, indeed, appear to be used interchangeably. Perhaps we did this intentionally to add flavor. Again, this is Fillers call, also. Once he has a chance to review your report, I will follow his recommendations.

Just to remind everyone, noname345 should have a full second beta report to me in July. At that time, I will review his recommendations, make changes as needed, and release V1.01.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

To Bongo:

I am cranking in some of mziab's suggestions for an updated release of Slayers.

Regarding #2, he's right. Can we easily convert "Turned" to "Turns"? It looks like a graphics hack, and the link to his screenshot is still good.

mziab wrote:
Hello there.

First off, congratulations on getting this project done in record time and with style. I'd been waiting for a translation to materialize for such a long time. Keep up the good work, good sirs :)

I did spot a few minor issues during my short playthrough. Here they are:

1) [Link] Shouldn't that be "accidentally"? If that's a stylistic choice, sorry for the false alarm.

2) [Link] This is just nitpicking, but could you replace the original Engrishy "TURNED" with "TURNS"?

3) [Link] In the intro you have "doramata" down as "Dragon Spooker", but not here.

4) [Link] "Lesser Armor" should be "Leather Armor", I think.

5) I don't have a screenshot for that, but I'm pretty sure "War Mantis" should be a "Weremantis".

That's pretty much it. If something else pops up, I'll be sure to let you know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:12 pm 

Hey fellas, I just found out about the latest revision (1.01) & boy am I itching to revisit the game again :D

And though it's a bit off-topic, I was also ecstatic over the recent revision of FEDA, but sadly I kinda suck at it, on the missions where the objective is to just hightail it out of the map I often get pissed off & just massacre the whole lot of annoying enemy troops so yeah I can't keep the "Goody two shoes" rank for long & ultimately have to be a merciless fugitive in the latter parts of the game :0

Again, thanks for the fantastic work guys, you really are Heroes for true retro junkies everywhere :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

CRV10 wrote:
Hey fellas, I just found out about the latest revision (1.01) & boy am I itching to revisit the game again :D

And though it's a bit off-topic, I was also ecstatic over the recent revision of FEDA, but sadly I kinda suck at it, on the missions where the objective is to just hightail it out of the map I often get pissed off & just massacre the whole lot of annoying enemy troops so yeah I can't keep the "Goody two shoes" rank for long & ultimately have to be a merciless fugitive in the latter parts of the game :0

Again, thanks for the fantastic work guys, you really are Heroes for true retro junkies everywhere :)

Hahaha. Man that was exactly me when I first played this game before D-D. HAHAHAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:50 pm 

CRV10 wrote:

Haha yeah playing for chaos is a lot more fun, that's for sure, not to mention profitable. Feda emblem is very difficult to keep.
I made an emblem chart if you need help with that, its one of my small prides and a way to show how much I love the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:46 pm 

Emblem chart? Did you mean this one?

If so yes it's indeed quite helpful :) At least now I know that you could still get away with a few enemy kills if you're only after maintaining the emblem you currently have.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:09 am 

Correct.
That chart is one of my prides and joys haha, I love Feda very much.
On some maps it can get really pesky unless you kill a few enemies (like Reachers and Bogen Rats).

The numbers indicated are the number of battles you need to fight to advance emblems on either
side of the scale, and what needs to be done to reach that result.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 pm 

Hello. Decided to give the game another go and noticed a few other issues during my playthrough:

1) [Link] - The comma after "If" is unnecessary.
2) [Link] - A minor spill-over.
3) [Link] - "We're" shouldn't be capitalized.
4) [Link] - This sounds like a context error, as it appears after you eat the special served in the suite.
5) [Link] - "Something" shouldn't be capitalized.
6) [Link] - "whoever" should be capitalized.
7) [Link] - Should be "sort of", not "sort off".
8) [Link] - Should be "baboon", not "babboon".
9) [Link] - Should be "Zelgadis", not "Zelgades".

I hope this helps. I may have some additional nitpicks, but that's for another time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next