Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: How to learn Dragon Slave spell with Lina
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:23 pm 

So thanks guys for finding it at level 80 with Lina, so to sum up you have to go to Sairag Ruins in the Raizel Kingdom with level 10 of magic, To trigger Dragon Slave the first time, you probably need to talk to the old man in the upper right of the hospital in Figaro City.
Check the pictures

http://img704.imageshack.us/slideshow/w ... lave01.png ;) thanks a lot guys

Post subject: Re: How to learn Dragon Slave spell with Lina
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:45 am 

I'm still over 10 levels away from being able to get this :(

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 pm 

Its good to know its learnable, but its still pretty much overkill haha.
If you level properly your Lina Copy won't really need Dragon Slave to beat the game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:36 pm 

I like that spell is worthy learn it :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:00 am 

Your "standard" level doesn't matter, I learned it at lvl45, I think it'll work as long as your magic level is 10 and the old man at Figaro's magic guild told you about it. Also, in case anyone is wondering, to get to the location in alexander's pic just take the teleporter to the right of where you fight that dungeon's midboss, or teleporter "p" on the 6th floor, if you're using the FAQ.

It's too bad the spell (like most magic in the end game) is pretty worthless against bosses, and too costly for random battles, but still, it's nice to have just for the sake of completion :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:27 am 

Thankfully there are more cost effective spells nevertheless, but I agree completion is a positive thing if you can acheive it
and the animations for magic spells are particularly well done in Slayers, in spite of the overall simplicity that surrounds most of its first
glance aspects.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

hojo wrote:
Your "standard" level doesn't matter, I learned it at lvl45, I think it'll work as long as your magic level is 10 and the old man at Figaro's magic guild told you about it. Also, in case anyone is wondering, to get to the location in alexander's pic just take the teleporter to the right of where you fight that dungeon's midboss, or teleporter "p" on the 6th floor, if you're using the FAQ.

It's too bad the spell (like most magic in the end game) is pretty worthless against bosses, and too costly for random battles, but still, it's nice to have just for the sake of completion :D
I'm just happy that we found the spell. Matt and I didn't trigger it while writing the game. Alex didn't trigger it when he beta tested V0.99, but we finally stumbled onto the technique after Draken's wife translated some clues on a map that was annotated in Korean.

I still believe we may have undiscovered secrets in Lennus-II and Mystic Ark. I'm talking in the games themselves, not secret areas accessed through their respective debuggers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:59 pm 

So you can learn it at level 45 and talking to the Figaro's city old man, great news then. ;) but when I reach level 80 I could learn it not before so you got lucky hojo congratulations.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:59 pm 

Red Soul wrote:
Thankfully there are more cost effective spells nevertheless, but I agree completion is a positive thing if you can acheive it
and the animations for magic spells are particularly well done in Slayers, in spite of the overall simplicity that surrounds most of its first
glance aspects.

Totally agree, specially when compared to their 3D counter parts in Slayers Wonderful *shudders*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:55 pm 

I had talked to the man, and had level 10 magic, and went to the six flames, and I didn't get the spell. I tried going back in a savestate with higher level and I still didn't get the spell. Either there's a glitch of some kind or there's another requirement.