Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Post subject: What's needed for completion.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

There is quite a bit that needs to be done in the game in it's current state. I doubt I will use much of the stuff because, frankly, not a whole lot is done as far as I can see. The script still needs translation
support. But at least I THINK I have a good idea on how to re-insert everything back into the ROM.
Any translators available, send them our way! :)

Post subject: Re: What's needed for completion.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 am 
Site Admin

Hmm... It seems like our biggest need these days is more translated scripts!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:48 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Hmm... It seems like our biggest need these days is more translated scripts!

yes that seems to be the case. No translators are left.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:52 am 
Site Admin

You can't say no translators are left, just that the great guys and ladies that are still around are just swamped with scripts. Definitely don't want to disrespect the hard working ones that are still around. We could definitely use an infusion of fresh talent but retro gaming is becoming more and more unpopular so that is getting less and less likely.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Personally I can't imagine why more people don't translate game scripts. I even hear from people who want the experience for a resume, or just seem really interested in helping out. then I email them a script and after a few emails I never hear from them again. Maybe it's just one of those things that sounds more glamorous than it actually is. I find it tremendously rewarding. It's better than watching TV after work, I'll tell you that. I think others would enjoy it too if they like games or Japanese language translation at all. It just takes some dedication.

And thank you for your consideration Taskforce. I would certainly offer to translate Lodoss if I did not already have plenty to translate as it is. If there is still a need after Aretha I and I bang out a few of the scripts I've been working on for so long (AMG, WtPC2, etc...) I'd definitely consider that one. I'm not going to add it to my list right now though.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:21 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Personally I can't imagine why more people don't translate game scripts. I even hear from people who want the experience for a resume, or just seem really interested in helping out. then I email them a script and after a few emails I never hear from them again. Maybe it's just one of those things that sounds more glamorous than it actually is. I find it tremendously rewarding. It's better than watching TV after work, I'll tell you that. I think others would enjoy it too if they like games or Japanese language translation at all. It just takes some dedication.

And thank you for your consideration Taskforce. I would certainly offer to translate Lodoss if I did not already have plenty to translate as it is. If there is still a need after Aretha I and I bang out a few of the scripts I've been working on for so long (AMG, WtPC2, etc...) I'd definitely consider that one. I'm not going to add it to my list right now though.

This is what I mean. I think all of the translators that aren't still here have decided to leave for real life things. That's understandable. I just wish I knew enough japanese to translate some of these games. I'm about to You Google Translate. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:32 am 
Site Admin

Have you ever thought of doing an open translation, Bongo`? I remember when Soma Bringer (DS Game) was being translated, the people responsible made a wiki page (I'd link to it, but the wiki page seems to be dead now :( ) and uploaded all the files. Then, it allowed for a number of people to log-in and translate/edit the scripts.

If the page got enough attention, it could possibly help us out with projects that we don't have a translator for.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

I think the best thing we could do right now would be to post a "help wanted ad" for "translation help" over at RHDN. Making a thread on the message board over there might also be a good idea. It is afterall, one, if not the biggest fan site for translations, so we'll have a greater chance of finding a translator there than here. Though before we do anything, perhaps we should wait until Wildbill can also weight in on this.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:51 am 
Site Admin

FYI: I saw your help wanted ad on RHDN Bongo`. Thanks for taking the initiative on that. :) Here's hoping we find someone to help out.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
FYI: I saw your help wanted ad on RHDN Bongo`. Thanks for taking the initiative on that. :) Here's hoping we find someone to help out.

Yes! Thanks, filler. I'm hoping to get more people involved in the happenings over here.
Since WB has gone into real life mode, I haven't heard from Ritchie or anyone else that was a possible helping hand. :( I hate for the remaining games to dry up... How are your games coming along?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next