Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: What's needed for completion.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:46 am 
Site Admin

Thank you! I'll figure out what they do or what affects them and name accordingly. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:57 am 
Site Admin

This FAQ/walkthrough from RPGClassics might be useful as it contains the translated names of all playable characters along with the classes, items, spells and some other things:
http://alexandria.rpgclassics.com/SNES/recordoflodosswar/recordoflodosswar_1.txt

We might not use exactly the same names in the end, but it's still good to look at for comparison.

Edit: I had also created an image a long while back of the character names and faces at this thread:
http://www.dynamic-designs.us/d-dforum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=248&start=10

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:36 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
This FAQ/walkthrough from RPGClassics might be useful as it contains the translated names of all playable characters along with the classes, items, spells and some other things:
http://alexandria.rpgclassics.com/SNES/recordoflodosswar/recordoflodosswar_1.txt

We might not use exactly the same names in the end, but it's still good to look at for comparison.

Edit: I had also created an image a long while back of the character names and faces at this thread:
http://www.dynamic-designs.us/d-dforum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=248&start=10

Thanks. I have that file and just realized a few menu parts were in it. The battle menu is whjat I am working on now. All other things have been sent off for translation. This game was suppose to be a Disc / CD game because of the directory stucture.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:01 am 
Site Admin

Ah, so the translation is already underway? Great news! Record of Lodoss War will be yet another fine addition to D-D's list of translated games. By the way, I'm not sure if this is useful or not, but I've also found a document at RHDN with some romhacking notes about it:

http://www.romhacking.net/documents/100/

Edit: Taskforce, perhaps it would be a good idea to add Eien Ni Hen to the "Translations" credits section on the Record of Lodoss War page. Hopefully, Wildbill will be able to script write for this game once the translation is completed. Until then, it's just the current project members. Good thing we all know of the Lodoss War series. I've seen the OVA and played the Snes game in both Japanese and with LNF's incomplete patch. Which by the way, includes only the main dialogue, not the items and spells like the readme claims...

By the way, about the honorifics. I remember we talked about it a long while back and decided to use English titles instead as in the Middle Ages. So I guess that would be along the lines of "Lord Beld" instead of "Beld-sama", "Sir Parn" rather than "Parn-san" and "Miss Deedlit" in place of "Deedlit-chan", etc. Personally, I don't mind either way, but I know that some gamers aren't fond of the use of honorifics in translations. I guess we'll see latter on when editing and fine tuning takes place. I'm only mentioning this because LNF used Japanese honorifics (name titles) in their partial translation. Record of Lodoss War is very Western themed, so I guess the characters should talk like people from the Middle Ages. This game is definitely one of my favorites of all time, along with the anime/OVA series.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:33 am 

This game looks really bad ass. The game I am most excited for (that you are currently working on)!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Ah, so the translation is already underway? Great news! Record of Lodoss War will be yet another fine addition to D-D's list of translated games. By the way, I'm not sure if this is useful or not, but I've also found a document at RHDN with some romhacking notes about it:

http://www.romhacking.net/documents/100/

Edit: Taskforce, perhaps it would be a good idea to add Eien Ni Hen to the "Translations" credits section on the Record of Lodoss War page. Hopefully, Wildbill will be able to script write for this game once the translation is completed. Until then, it's just the current project members. Good thing we all know of the Lodoss War series. I've seen the OVA and played the Snes game in both Japanese and with LNF's incomplete patch. Which by the way, includes only the main dialogue, not the items and spells like the readme claims...

By the way, about the honorifics. I remember we talked about it a long while back and decided to use English titles instead as in the Middle Ages. So I guess that would be along the lines of "Lord Beld" instead of "Beld-sama", "Sir Parn" rather than "Parn-san" and "Miss Deedlit" in place of "Deedlit-chan", etc. Personally, I don't mind either way, but I know that some gamers aren't fond of the use of honorifics in translations. I guess we'll see latter on when editing and fine tuning takes place. I'm only mentioning this because LNF used Japanese honorifics (name titles) in their partial translation. Record of Lodoss War is very Western themed, so I guess the characters should talk like people from the Middle Ages. This game is definitely one of my favorites of all time, along with the anime/OVA series.

I guess he wrote a decent document. I didn't need any of it anyway. I do my own code figuring.
This brings up an interesting point. I recall a while back when I was working on Gulliver Boy or some
other game that I can't remember, I was"pressured" by a few members in the hack community to
give credit to F.H. for writing a doc on the game even though I used NOTHING from nor did I
know anything about the DOC when I hacked the game. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:08 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
This game was suppose to be a Disc / CD game because of the directory stucture.

I had assumed maybe the directory structure came from it being part of a Japanese PC (PC98? MSX?) game series.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:

I will try to get to that in just a bit. Thanks for reminding me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:31 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
Thank you! I'll figure out what they do or what affects them and name accordingly. :)

I've been playing through the game and I was able to figure out each of the stats. Three of them have corresponding English abbreviations on the Status screen.

戦闘技能 = AT (Attack)
防御技能 = DF (Defense)
盗賊技能 = DG (Dodge)

The only one that doesn't have a corresponding abbreviation is 魔術技能 but I'm pretty sure that's Magic (ability), or how powerful a character's spells are.

Also, I should have the script completed sometime next month at the latest. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:54 am 
Site Admin

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
Bongo` wrote:

I've been playing through the game and I was able to figure out each of the stats. Three of them have corresponding English abbreviations on the Status screen.

戦闘技能 = AT (Attack)
防御技能 = DF (Defense)
盗賊技能 = DG (Dodge)

The only one that doesn't have a corresponding abbreviation is 魔術技能 but I'm pretty sure that's Magic (ability), or how powerful a character's spells are.

Also, I should have the script completed sometime next month at the latest. :)

WOOHOO!!! Now THAT's what I'm talking bout! ( in my Gru voice ). Anyone with small kids should know who Gru is. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next