Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: What's needed for completion.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:12 am 

Bongo` wrote:
Thank you Eien! You are the best. In fact, you way beyond the call of duty. :)
You even translated the text in a way where I don't have to figure out how to insert
the text back the game. This game uses S-Jsi ASCII characters and if I used standard
ASCII characters, the game would crash like an alien spaceship in Independence Day.

Odd. I thought I translated it using standard ASCII. (I wondered why LNF's translation was in S-Jsi ASCII to begin with. Guess I know now. :D ) I've never heard of a game that requires an S-Jsi ASCII script instead of standard ASCII, but hopefully my script doesn't blow up the game when you try inserting it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:26 am 
Site Admin

Congrats on the Lodoss script! It's amazing to have this go from 0 to complete so quickly. Thanks for your hard work on this Eien.

Bongo` wrote:
Yes! Thanks, filler. I'm hoping to get more people involved in the happenings over here.
Since WB has gone into real life mode, I haven't heard from Ritchie or anyone else that was a possible helping hand. :( I hate for the remaining games to dry up... How are your games coming along?

3 months is a reasonable time frame in which to reply right? :P

They are going slowly. Esperknight said to blame him. :) Seriously though, we haven't really had any projects go from start to finish smoothly but I'm not complaining. We're working on some off-the-wall systems so I think that's to be expected. Plus my job leaves me with less free time than I had a few years ago.

I managed to get some work done on my translation memory so it has a feature I've been wanting, and I'm picking away at scripts again. Worked a little on Aretha tonight. I have a 3 week vacation coming up which should help too.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 am 
Site Admin

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
Thank you Eien! You are the best. In fact, you way beyond the call of duty. :)
You even translated the text in a way where I don't have to figure out how to insert
the text back the game. This game uses S-Jsi ASCII characters and if I used standard
ASCII characters, the game would crash like an alien spaceship in Independence Day.

Odd. I thought I translated it using standard ASCII. (I wondered why LNF's translation was in S-Jsi ASCII to begin with. Guess I know now. :D ) I've never heard of a game that requires an S-Jsi ASCII script instead of standard ASCII, but hopefully my script doesn't blow up the game when you try inserting it.

Yes this games uses S-Jis for text and ASCII for control codes and such. I have the game running
smoothly so far. My next task is to handle the long 8x8 Misc text names. Some places 14 characters will fit, some places 12 will, some only 9 or 10. I might be able to get away with 2-Line names, but
not all locations support it. Oh well. I hope to have it ready for the Editing gang soon! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:12 pm 

I've played Record of Lodoss War on my Dreamcast, it's like a Diablo game.
It was all right for a few days, but then was boring so I canceled to countine.
I hope this one will be more interresting...

Final Fantasy (Squaresoft, 1987-2001)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 am 

I think this game is quite a bit different. I thought it was like a traditional JRPG.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:06 am 
Site Admin

You're right, altpaladin. This is definitely not like the Dreamcast version, but a more traditional turn-based jrpg.

I've been formatting the scripts every other day or so, so I'm making good progress :) There still needs to be a lot of testing and some tweaks to the dialog, but that will soon follow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:38 am 
Site Admin

Just wanted to pop in here and give some updates. I've been working hard formatting the scripts to display properly, and I'm making some great progress! In fact, I'm almost done with them all! Weapons/items and the like will still take a little time, but shouldn't really need much work at all. All-in-all, things are going pretty smoothly and quickly! Hopefully, when I start play-testing, I won't run into any bugs that slow things down ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:16 am 
Site Admin

Great to hear that things are coming along so well! Crossing my fingers that the playtesting is painless.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:07 am 

filler wrote:
Great to hear that things are coming along so well! Crossing my fingers that the playtesting is painless.

I too am glad to hear that progress is being made on this game. :) Judging from my playthrough, playtesting shouldn't be too hard. I remember the dungeon crawls were a @#$%& and I couldn't find any cheat codes (that worked) to turn off encounters, though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
filler wrote:

I too am glad to hear that progress is being made on this game. :) Judging from my playthrough, playtesting shouldn't be too hard. I remember the dungeon crawls were a @#$%& and I couldn't find any cheat codes (that worked) to turn off encounters, though.

Wow. I wish i knew you wanted that.. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next