Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Hacking This Game
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:44 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImage

So I suppose it's pretty obvious I've made a dent in the menus. Based on my initial impressions, most of the main menu stuff is done aside from various small tweaks. I've got one more thing to do before I call it quits for now. Afterwards, I'll be taking a break and waiting for the title screen to be designed. Then I'll pick things up again.
I see that special equipment section with stone and ball on one of your menus - what you were talking yesterday in your e-mail. It appears that the GB version may limit items that generals carry in their inventories in the way of smoke bombs, nuggets, and such, if that's what they indeed are. Did the DoaE-II item list help you sort out any of that?

BTW, did you find a menu that lets generals store excess items in a vault? Just curious.

Enjoy your break, and thanks for your good work!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:46 am 

I haven't looked at anything. It'll be a while before I get to that stuff. Need to hack the shops and figure out a money cheat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

That menu work is looking quite nice, Garrett! Keep up the good work. Who knows, maybe you'll convince to play a GB game again ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
That menu work is looking quite nice, Garrett! Keep up the good work. Who knows, maybe you'll convince to play a GB game again ;)
Someone who works as hard as Garrett deserves having folks at least try the fruits of such a success. This game has sat dormant with a fully translated story for, oh, so many years, and he's bringing it to life. It's a miracle! If you end up liking this one, Drakee, I'll bet you'll enjoy DoaE-II also.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:43 pm 

I'm usually pretty reluctant to play old game boy games but for Destiny of an Emperor I will definitely try it. I just wish the series had officially continued to further sequels.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
I'm usually pretty reluctant to play old game boy games but for Destiny of an Emperor I will definitely try it. I just wish the series had officially continued to further sequels.
I have always been interested in doing DoaE-III for SNES. It's a Chinese-speaking source game produced by someone other than CAPCOM. Beyond that, I have no idea where it came from.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:46 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
I have always been interested in doing DoaE-III for SNES. It's a Chinese-speaking source game produced by someone other than CAPCOM. Beyond that, I have no idea where it came from.

http://kongming.net/doae3/

This could provide some insight, WB; it's a pretty complete site related to all things DOAE and other related franchises.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:07 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

http://kongming.net/doae3/

This could provide some insight, WB; it's a pretty complete site related to all things DOAE and other related franchises.
I've got a dump of it. In fact Garrett may have sent it to me years ago. Somebody did. Been a while.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:30 pm 

This is a small block of text that I've hacked and inserted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:03 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:

This is a small block of text that I've hacked and inserted.
Heh, 18 CPL! *Trumpets sound*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next