Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Hacking This Game
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:20 pm 

Oh, I'm just hoping to squeeze out a few more releases by the end of the year. Wouldn't leave me much time for WIP hacks though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:50 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Oh, I'm just hoping to squeeze out a few more releases by the end of the year. Wouldn't leave me much time for WIP hacks though.
Good luck with those.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Ouch... Hope this project picks up again soon. I've really enjoyed following your progress!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:20 pm 

Well, my hacking work is mighty impressive if I don't say myself :lol:

I'm actually still working on the title screen which has a flame animation. Because the new design has more flames than the original design, I have to expand and move some data. I got it all worked out, I just have to do it and then wait on my designer to finish up the animation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:03 am 

Expanding the title screen animation is much easier than I initially thought. I've asked my designer to do the animation tiles for me. I should have a gif of the finished title screen soon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 pm 

I've started to pick away at the game some more and have finished the groundwork to hack the map the screen. It has a vertical banner that says "Map of China" on it, that my designer will hopefully replace for me when he does the title screen.

I think once all that is done, I'll move onto polishing some of the menus that feature the equipment and implement icons so that they don't look so rough. After that I think I will move onto hacking the shops, which I've already had translated for me awhile back. Then I'll translate the sound test mode.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:48 am 
Site Admin

Nice. Sounds like you've gotten a nice plan laid out before you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

Super! How are your end of year projects progressing?
Garrett wrote:
I've started to pick away at the game some more and have finished the groundwork to hack the map the screen. It has a vertical banner that says "Map of China" on it, that my designer will hopefully replace for me when he does the title screen.

I think once all that is done, I'll move onto polishing some of the menus that feature the equipment and implement icons so that they don't look so rough. After that I think I will move onto hacking the shops, which I've already had translated for me awhile back. Then I'll translate the sound test mode.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:20 pm 

Eh, I finished one and there are several others close to being finished, but I don't think they will be done this year. If anything next year should be a good year of releases for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:06 am 

I've spent some more time on this game. I've laid the groundwork to replace the signs on shops and inns. I've also translated the shop menus, but only the base menu for money and item counts. There's still text that appears on top that is separate and needs to be hacked. I also need make my double line item hack display in shops.

I also need to relocate the item names to another bank so I can fit them all in the ROM. Speaking of items, not all of them have been translated. The item translations that were in the files WildBill sent me were incomplete and also my spot translator told me he needed more context before he could translate some of them. I'm gonna hazard a guess that the translator also ran into the same issue. I guess without kanji, it's kinda hard to guess what some of them should be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next