Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Translation of a Chaos Seed interview
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:52 pm 

There's an interview translated over at http://shmuplations.com/chaosseed/ and I thought this would be an appropriate place to post it, since DD is the group that worked on its fan-translation. ItI'd be interested in hearing if anyone here has an opinion of its contents, since it covers a lot of subjects.

Post subject: Re: Translation of a Chaos Seed interview
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

A big thanks for sharing this! It's a long(ish) interview, so I need a good chunk of free time to sit down and read it all. I'll definitely come back and post some comments after I get through it all. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

Great interview! I really like the original idea for the game (playing as the villain and creating caves to mess with people). It would have had a vastly different vibe it things had gone that route.

Some beef I have though... The interviewer claims you can beat the game in 2-6 hours.... What nonsense. Good luck achieving that! Maybe a few scenarios, but not the whole game.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:37 pm 

Yeah, the original idea they had was interesting. I think Aeon Genesis localised another SFC game (Dark Half?) that had the player take the role of the villain, which is neat, so it's kind of disappointing that Taito didn't let them do that. The play length they mentoined seemed odd to me as well, because you're probably going to have to spend around an hour getting used to the gameplay system. Kashiwagi mentioned that a single playthrough takes 2-3 hours, which is even more insane.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:10 am 

I think Dark Half has you switching off between the villain and the hero through the whole story.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:29 pm 

Did you know that the website creator also has a Patreon regular crowd-funding page for the purpose of supporting his quest to keep translating more of those classic eras' Japanese-language interviews and articles from various sources such as the websites, magazines and strategy guides for example?
Yeah well, some of you may want to take a look at supporting the sole journalist if you wish for him to write an endless amount of those articles into English!

*** Look at this Translation Backlog Index page from the link on his homepage - he's still got well OVER 1100 articles at the moment left waiting to be translated! OMG :shock:! Meanwhile his games list page has only got just under 230 fully translated articles. Still a long, long, long way to go!

But he's also very recently changed his strategy on his monetisation plan to keep writing more translated articles, check: "Switching from "Monthly" to "Per-Creation"". If you wanna support him (What a bright :idea: idea!) then you can just donate from $2 US per translation!

* As for that Chaos Seed interview, that former Neverland developer Junichi Kashiwagi also now works at Pyramid where that studio has created the Patapon series and 'El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron'. Oh-oh-oh :o.

These are just a few of the recent articles which you can read in English there, as some of you know. But I thought many more other people would need to be made aware of these things. So you'd have to bother to go over to that website OR the Patreon to check up on new articles and/or support the journalist's excellent efforts.