Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Post subject: Translation Support (Help Needed!)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:58 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` just sent me over these sprites. Translations would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Draken on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Translation Support.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Bongo` just sent me over these sprites. Translations would be greatly appreciated!

1. You Are Here (on map) or maybe Location
2. ?? Related to red or red earth (perhaps refining clay or something similar - just guessing now)
3. Production or manufacture
4. ? Attack Related
5. Summons
6. Excavation
7. Storehouse or Warehouse
8. Transfer (or transmission)
9. Search for Enemy
10. Floor or Story

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Hmm... Could they possibly be the following:

1. Present Location
2. Refining Room
3. Production Room
4. Attack Room
5. Summoning Room
6. Excavation Room
7. Storage Room
8. Transfer Room
9. Detection Room
10. Stairs Room

Those are different kinds of room that one can have in the Enchanted Cave... I guess that the "Room" part could be dropped, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Hmm... Could they possibly be the following:

1. Present Location
2. Refining Room
3. Production Room
4. Attack Room
5. Summoning Room
6. Excavation Room
7. Storage Room
8. Transfer Room
9. Detection Room
10. Stairs Room

Those are different kinds of room that one can have in the Enchanted Cave... I guess that the "Room" part could be dropped, eh?
I figured having written the game you would make certain connections, and it looks like you nailed them. #2 is the most vague to me. The second Kanji is definitely "Red" related, but the first Kanji could be refining, or it could relate to practice, gloss, train, drill, or polish.

The one relating to attack could also equal aggression, but I couldn't get the other Kanji.

The one relating to Stairs could also include a counter. I presume that means a numeral.

The others appear clear-cut.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the help! It should help Bongo` out a lot ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:

Here are all the Kanji I got, BTW, converted to Shift-JIS format. I identified the 2nd Kanji on Item 10. It is definitely "Stairs"
as opposed to Floor or Story. Most of these (if not all) are compound Kanji, which makes their meaning fairly specific, as in the case of #10 once I found the other half.

I X'ed out the one I can't find in #4. If you load these into the NJSTAR word processor, activate the dictionary function, and run the cursor over them, you can see the possible definitions. Most of the compound Kanji are recognized by the software. The way to validate the definitions, of course, is to choose the menu function and see what it actually does in the game. If your output is displayed in Engllish and it matches one of your translation options, mission accomplished! Then you pick a synonym, abbreviation, or symbol that fits the space - or get Bongo` to lengthen the menu box. Painstaking work... You know the drill!

1. 現在地
2. 練丹
3. 生産
4. 攻X
5. 召喚
6. 掘削
7. 倉庫
8. 転送
9. 索敵
10. 階段

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:37 pm 

The translated list looks perfect to me. "room" is dropped in most menus for space reasons, I'd drop it too. Or just use abbreviation like "PRO", "REF" and so on since most menus are cramped.

A bit of shameless plug but you may want to check my FAQ here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/564346/42897
It contains a bunch of translations w/ shift_jis, it's a bit rough but it may be of some help.

Btw great job with the patch, it's great that finally more people will get to play this awesome game. If i can help you guys with anything let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:45 pm 
Site Admin

Dag wrote:
The translated list looks perfect to me. "room" is dropped in most menus for space reasons, I'd drop it too. Or just use abbreviation like "PRO", "REF" and so on since most menus are cramped.

A bit of shameless plug but you may want to check my FAQ here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/564346/42897
It contains a bunch of translations w/ shift_jis, it's a bit rough but it may be of some help.

Btw great job with the patch, it's great that finally more people will get to play this awesome game. If i can help you guys with anything let me know.
Appreciate the validation of my pokey translation skills! I couldn't sleep last night anyway... Say, since Satsu seems to be busy, could you maybe help Draken with the rest of the menu-related translations? That's the only major writing obstacle holding him up.

Oh, wow...! Just noticed you're the FAQ writer! Thanks for all your good work with that huge undertaking!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:43 am 
Site Admin

I'm still waiting to hear back from Satsu... I sent him a PM over at RHDN, and I sent him an e-mail the other day. He must be extremely busy... I wanted to hear back before I started asking other people for help, but who knows how long I'll have to wait for him to reply. If anyone out there wants to lend a hand, just let me know!

Last edited by Draken on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Translation Support (Help Needed!)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:49 am 
Site Admin

I decided I'll just post blocks of text right here in the forums. That way, any passersby can take a look and add their own two cents to the process.

I have a total of six files that need translating. Some are very short, while others can be a quite long. I'll go ahead and post them in the order of shortest to longest. Once one block has received enough attention, I'll post the next. Here's the first one (looks like tech names??):

_Label_C3EB4B_:
なし

_Label_C3EB4E_:
豪球回転

_Label_C3EB57_:
大火炎

_Label_C3EB5E_:
天雷破

_Label_C3EB65_:
爆縮破

_Label_C3EB6C_:
邪石光

_Label_C3EB73_:
百連天弓

_Label_C3EB7C_:
大号泣

_Label_C3EB83_:
如意

_Label_C3EB88_:
鳳凰天舞

_Label_C3EB91_:
練縮連弾

_Label_C3EB9A_:
天地豪雷

Thanks in advance!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next