Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Post subject: Re: Progress *** SPOILERS INSIDE ***
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Either way, it still sounds good, but I would personally go with Wildbill's edit. In my opinion, it doesn't necessarily suggest that the Master will come back to teach the Hero something new any time soon, but rather that he didn't teach him everything he knows. The Master is quite elderly and didn't come to acquire all this knowledge in only a day or two, so it's obvious that he only taught the Hero only what was important at that time. Well, that's at least my take on it.
I forgot to mention previous foreshadowing when the Master said he had much to tell about Feng Shui but would "save that complicated subject for another day". So, if the Master says he taught all he can at the scenario ending, an astute gamer might ponder what happened to the "complicated" Feng Shui orientation. Then again, we could speculate that the Master is getting senile, but I saw no indication of that aging condition in "Lecture".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:59 am 
Site Admin

Hehe. You'll see later, WB, that he is INDEED getting pretty darned senile. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:54 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Hehe. You'll see later, WB, that he is INDEED getting pretty darned senile. :)
I did see - had some fun with that. Nibble, nibble, nibble along with the typical holiday family tumult, but I've just about got the bloated Feng Shui tutorial flowing the way I want after 15 or 20 rewrites. I hope that's the end of "lecture-esque"-style scenes in this jewel! If the Feng Shui explanation is toward the end of Scenario 1, then, so am I! Now, my wife goes in for surgery day after tomorrow, and I'll be shifting to DC tomorrow, but I'm taking the work with me. Hopefully, my life will return to normal sometime in February, but if you have Scenario 2 ready soon, I'll sputter along with it until that "normal" day returns.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Scenario 1 ready for beta - files sent.

One glitch in Block 190 near beginning of Feng Shui orientation.

No matter how I structure these two contiguous strings in Block 190, part of one string cuts off, and I get that "Arhat? Good taste." phrase tacked on.

;#######################;
; Open Dialogue Session ;
.TEXT.OPEN
Do you recall Sentan[newl]
production?
.TEXT.CLOSE
.TEXTBOX.STYLE [$FD]

; Open Dialogue Session ;
.TEXT.OPEN
Are you talking about[newl]
the Refining Room?
.TEXT.CLOSE
.TEXTBOX.STYLE [$0C]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

Perhaps you can fix this by adding another line under it; "Sorry master, I chocked on a hot dog". Hahaha! :lol:

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Just wanted to let people know where I am with this monster of a game. I've totally gone over the first two "chapters" of the game, and they are completely finished! They'll need some testing, though, before release. I lost one tester, and the other one is a little busy these days. I really wanted to keep the testers working side-by-side with us as we edited this game, but repeated delays have kind of scrapped that idea. Full final testing will begin once the game has gone through my edits, WB's edits, and then my final polishes. It may take some time, but things are moving along again now that I am done with SS-II :) This game has a GREAT script to work with!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:01 pm 

awesome update! This game looks really cool. Always appreciate your hard work with these great games, you all are phenomenal :D cant wait to see how it turns out! keep up the great work!!! your translations are beyond superb!!
-your amazed, anxiously awaiting fan, jhutch ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:15 pm 

Hi.

I just noticed something in the trailer thats in the project page. In the video the character is facing a skeleton and says "i've got your one-way ticket to Hades". If this game is about Feng Shui culture, should they really have heard of hades? Is not 'underworld' or a more traditional Japanese underworld-god-thingie appropriate?

Im sorry if i stepped out of line and/or this is already changed. But i just wanted to put it out there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:08 pm 

I think you raised a very good point, qwsed, although before we change anything we'd have to take space and coding restraints into account. I know the japanese hell is generally regarded as jigoku, but I'm not sure what the chinese equivalent might be.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:35 am 

What about just plain 'hell'? Japan is becoming more and more influenced by christianity (or was... at some point). Maybe not in that era tho. Are there a ruler in hell in japanese or chinese culture? Like hades of greece?

On a personal note: Whatever you decide will be good enough. Ive played your translations for quite a while now and im really enjoying it. I will begin my japanese courses next month and hopefully in a year or two i will join the translation scene. One can hope ^^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next