Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Post subject: Re: Progress *** SPOILERS INSIDE ***
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:55 pm 

Well, my offer only applies if I like the game. I've never played it and I only play games in english, so I'm on the fence I guess you could say.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:15 pm 

If you are needing a tester or two then feel free to hook me up when you need it.

Unlike the guy above, I understand what testing a wip means, I know things may be broken or untranslated, and that it will probably be required to start over the game a lot of times.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:38 am 

Thanks for your interest, both of you; we'll notify you once external testing begins, but all decisions have to go through the project lead, Draken.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:21 am 
Site Admin

Although I believe that all dialog/text has been totally translated/inserted, there is still a lot "replaying" to be done as each scenario/chapter of the game has anywhere from 1~5 possible endings! It can be a real pain to test! However, the choices you make in each scenario GREATLY change what goes on in the game, so it makes things a little bearable ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:47 am 

How long do you think it takes to finish this game?

If it's anywhere around 40 hours, 2 playthroughs is all I could promise, anything beyond that would require the game to be very enjoyable. Some games are a chore to replay, while in others time flies, Chaos Seed looks like the second kind, that's the only reason I'm willing to help.

I have been checking this site like every two months for news about this game since two years ago, it's fantastic to hear that you are making good progress.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:22 pm 

tombmonkey wrote:
How long do you think it takes to finish this game?

From what I've tested of Chaos Seed thus far, and the fact that Scenarios are largely conditional, it could be difficult to derive a precise time frame for the game, given it takes some planning as well as some skill with real time action, but maybe 25, 30 hours would be a good estimation, without considering the necessity to trigger specific events during testing.

That said, Draken is more qualified to speak about the ins and outs of the game more than me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:58 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I wish I could give you a simple number on length, but that's a little hard... If you understand what needs to be done in an Enchanted Cave, then things will go much, much more quickly. Once you are finished with the Enchanted Cave side of the scenarios, the "town/NPC" side of things doesn't take up too much of your time. This gem is part RPG, part Strategy game, and part Dungeon Crawler... It's really unlike anything we have seen before!

In the game there are 10 Scenarios. Each scenario stands alone and later ones are unlocked by meeting certain conditions in earlier scenarios. This is where testing gets annoying... Scenarios can have VERY different endings based on the choices you make. Some have as many as 4 endings! When I was editing/testing the scripts, I was able to save a little time by using a variety of SRMs or SaveStates, but it was a bit of a hassle. The endings are pretty significant, though, and help explain events that happen in other scenarios.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:57 pm 

If you want to finish 100%, see all endings and "beat" that last "endless" scenario the game will take you more than 100h playtime.
Since this is a real problem, I would suggest somebody tries to hack its savestate to 100% to check this monster and everybody else finishes the szenarios wildly until he saw at least one ending of all the 9 standard szenarios. A little horde (lets say 10-15) of beta testers will be needed for something like this, obviously.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14