Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed help thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:22 am 

ande.davi wrote:
Hi Wildbill, many thanks for that. I found a further three whilst searching the initial cave area, but if you recall seven then I'm not as comprehensive in my searches as I think I am.

Will get a couple of more endings on scenario 2 (aiming for a 100% completion rate), then have a go at this again!

I also spent a long time tearing hairs at this scenario, haha. The thing is...
Spoiler! :
The switches are the kind of thing that is, as the expression goes, hidden in plain view. Look for square-ish indentations on the walls (two of the switches are near the entrance to the underground section itself) and also inside an small alcove to the right side of the corridor.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:37 am 

Yeah, just a quick update on my end. I'm on the fourth playthrough of scenario four, and I completely missed the four switches in the 'secret' room in the first area of the cave.

So, just for future reference if anyone on the internet can't find the things, there's the two squares in the first area you start off in (the game shows you the first one, basically), the next is when you take the bottom right exit from the first area after clearing the stones to find the warp points (right before you take the exit to the right to the 'secret' room), the four switches in the next 'secret' room, and then the next two are in the second portion of the cave where the statue of the heroine is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

ande.davi wrote:
Yeah, just a quick update on my end. I'm on the fourth playthrough of scenario four, and I completely missed the four switches in the 'secret' room in the first area of the cave.

So, just for future reference if anyone on the internet can't find the things, there's the two squares in the first area you start off in (the game shows you the first one, basically), the next is when you take the bottom right exit from the first area after clearing the stones to find the warp points (right before you take the exit to the right to the 'secret' room), the four switches in the next 'secret' room, and then the next two are in the second portion of the cave where the statue of the heroine is.
Glad you found the switches. Upon gaining the heroine, this is the point at which the game totally hooked me. That young woman enchanted me. I could not put CS down until about three weeks after I finished my work in it. The detective story chapter became my favorite.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:07 pm 

I think I figured most stuff about this game out in my two playthroughs but I would really appreciate if somebody could guides on the following problems:
1. How to get more than one Senju-team?
2. Which are the requirements to get the special room upgrades? (Like Sentan and Energy Production or Attacks in any room)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

ChronoMoogle wrote:
I think I figured most stuff about this game out in my two playthroughs but I would really appreciate if somebody could guides on the following problems:
1. How to get more than one Senju-team?
2. Which are the requirements to get the special room upgrades? (Like Sentan and Energy Production or Attacks in any room)
Getting more Senju Teams appeared to be triggered by building more and more rooms. Makes sense, because as rooms get spread out all over the place, one team can cover a compact section of the cave efficiently. Otherwise a single team gets spread too thin and never has enough time to circle through all of the rooms, fight and win battles, and fix all of the broken rooms.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:06 pm 

Extra teams show up as you build extra summoning rooms in particular. Doesn't matter how upgraded any of them are or even if they've been destroyed, just that they exist in some form.

As for the special bonuses into the rooms, that's all from the amount of Fang Shui energy going into the room and that's a -lot- of information to write down. The FAQ over on GameFaqs has what appears to be an accurate and comprehensive list of them. For instance, to give any room EN Production requires one Fire and two Earth energy going into it, but if you wanted to upgrade that to level 4, you'd actually need a total of 1 Fire, 4 Earth, and 1 Wood energy into that room. There's a HUGE number of upgrades available this way and I didn't even write half of them down for my own use. I think there were five special upgrades unique to Attack Rooms alone...?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:34 am 

Wow. The game's complexibility strikes again. Good thing that they are not really needed usually, so that's a pro in my book.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:16 am 
Site Admin

Here's a little tip I just got from Dswizzy:

1. Create/Find an alternative exit room (I think he means an entrance to the "Colorless World")

2. Go to an area where there are those sphere looking things that shoot a lot

3. Defeat them via hitting multiple times. Once defeated, the things will drop huge energy shards randomly (sometimes)

Rinse & Repeat many times as you like until you reach 1000-2000 energy so that way you can complete the main quests quickly!