Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Chaos Seed help thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:49 pm 

Well, this game is kind of complicated at the start, so I thought that it would be useful to keep questions about gameplay and progress in a single thread, so the subforum isn't cluttered.

Spoiler! :
...Anyway, I'm currently on the first scenario, and defeated the main character's master. I gave the dragon vein the required energy to revive it (it heals when I examine it now) and think I am >15 turns in. My question is, how do I proceed? I thought the enchanted cave part finishes once you revive the dragon vein.

Thanks in advance

Oh, and before I forget, thanks for the translation efforts!

Last edited by Suineg on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed help thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Suineg wrote:
Well, this game is kind of complicated at the start, so I thought that it would be useful to keep questions about gameplay and progress in a single thread, so the subforum isn't cluttered.

...Anyway, I'm currently on the first scenario, and defeated the main character's master. I gave the dragon vein the required energy to revive it (it heals when I examine it now) and think I am >15 turns in. My question is, how do I proceed? I thought the enchanted cave part finishes once you revive the dragon vein.

Thanks in advance.
Spoiler! :
What I recall is that after the battle with Roushi, Master explains the Feng Shui system, then you proceed to finish energizing the furnace. If you have already done that - either way - a door should open or be open in the furnace room, leading to yet another challenge.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:40 pm 

Spoiler! :
Oh, well a door did open when I went to the lower part of the room; I probably should have searched a bit more. Thanks for the help, though. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:16 am 

You see, the thing is that the Lecture and the first scenario are seamlessly connected; thus, you must finish both in a single run for the completion to count towards your total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:53 pm 

Hello!

Firstly many thanks for this excellent translation, I had never heard about the game until I read about the translation being released, downloaded it and 100 hours later... I've got a new favourite SNES game! Also good to see Albert Odyssey 1+2 are planned to be translated, I loved the Saturn game that got localised into English way back when.

However I'm a bit stuck in Scenario IV of Chaos Seed. I've been following the FAQ I found on Gamefaqs, but can't seem to get the heroine to revive. I've got Shasta in my party (talked her into the group instead of battling her), hit all *five* switches in the cave area (three in the first cave, and then two more past the first seal)... Do I need to examine the statue again before the scene with Izanagi?

I need to get her revived as otherwise I don't think I can move on to Scenario V. A pedantic step-by-step guide would be most helpful. Many thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:41 pm 

ande.davi wrote:
Hello!

Firstly many thanks for this excellent translation, I had never heard about the game until I read about the translation being released, downloaded it and 100 hours later... I've got a new favourite SNES game! Also good to see Albert Odyssey 1+2 are planned to be translated, I loved the Saturn game that got localised into English way back when.

I played that Albert Odyssey game on the Sega Saturn too, but from what I understand, the two SNES games are quite different from their Saturn counterpart. I believe those two are more like strategy RPGs. Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to those games. :D

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:59 pm 

Yeah, I posted before I read the project pages in their entirety... Typical internet user, eh? Progress currently listed at 0% on both, and the Saturn version was a gaiden entry apparently. Still, they look to be gorgeous games, and as long as the gameplay is decent by 1990 standards I'll play 'em all the way through.

But back to the matter at hand, how do I remove the curse from the heroine in Scenario IV of Chaos Seed? X___X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:01 am 
Site Admin

ande.davi wrote:
Yeah, I posted before I read the project pages in their entirety... Typical internet user, eh? Progress currently listed at 0% on both, and the Saturn version was a gaiden entry apparently. Still, they look to be gorgeous games, and as long as the gameplay is decent by 1990 standards I'll play 'em all the way through.

But back to the matter at hand, how do I remove the curse from the heroine in Scenario IV of Chaos Seed? X___X
Spoiler! :
It's been a year since I played, and I can't remember exactitudes (where's Red Soul?), but if I remember correctly, you may need to trigger a number of floor switches by striking certain symbols on walls adjacent to them. These are scattered between several rooms and corridors, and you will need to retrace some steps and possibly even find some additional rooms in the maze that you may have missed visiting previously (That happened to me the first time). I believe you need to find as many as seven of these switches - more or less. When you do finally trigger all of them, you will be able to lift the curse on the heroine's statue.
Dag's FAQ may be helpful in guiding you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:03 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I'd say you should check out the FAQ if you haven't already: http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/564346-cha ... faqs/42897

Search for "SW005" for a detailed outline of the scenario and its various endings. Let me know if you still need help :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:00 am 

Hi Wildbill, many thanks for that. I found a further three whilst searching the initial cave area, but if you recall seven then I'm not as comprehensive in my searches as I think I am.

Will get a couple of more endings on scenario 2 (aiming for a 100% completion rate), then have a go at this again!