Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post subject: Re: Things We Missed... *Slight Spoilers*
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
No, no, I only blame myself. :) With the hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of hours, I should have seen them (and those items I never saw either). But hey! There are always gamers out there who will be better, right?
I knew this would happen. I pressed for those higher levels and could never reach them because I never got that skilled in the fighting maneuvers. My cheats made it easier for me to play all of the endings and view (nearly) all of the text, but I missed seeing a ton of items listed in the misc files. I must have fixed fifty or more of those description overruns before I passed the game back to you. I wish I could have seen and caught them all. I counted CPL's on some and thought about fixing the ones I didn't see in the game - in the blind - but in Chaos Seed, that is a likely recipe for breaking something.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:08 pm 

With the amount of content they managed to stuff in a SNES cart, I'm pretty sure Neverland made their own little pandora's box with Chaos Seed, haha. I'm just glad people are liking and playing the game so they can help us iron out these little kinks we couldn't spot. It may be out in the wild, but it still's got our name and address on the collar.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:06 pm 

Draken wrote:
@delimew: Do you remember anything from the description for Yaotua Xian? I'm having difficulty maxing out my Summon Room to test out if I've fixed the graphical errors or not :)

Attached: pic, .srm, save state. (snes9x sorry, can't run zsnes :P)
Attachment:
CS max summon.zip [146.8 KiB]
Downloaded 856 times

If it makes you guys feel better, the only reason I managed to max my summoning room was because I ignored the scenario and just spent turns building up the needed sentan. I really wanted to see what the ultimate Senju looked like :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 am 
Site Admin

Nice! A big thanks to you delimew! You just made my work much, much easier. All issues regarding Senju descriptions have been fixed!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:16 am 

<3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Thanks for missing line break error Recca! It's an easy fix. Sadly, those cave messages are not :(

As per Scenario 5 not appearing, that's probably NOT a bug. Not all endings unlock the next chapter of the game. ;)

Darn, I guess that means I have to replay scenario 4 again... And that was a hard one...! Oh well, maybe this time I'll try something different, story wise. I did notice one strange thing though. There are times when I can't extract energy from a production room even though it has energy stored in it. Maybe the room is still damaged after being fixed? I guess I'll check a walkthrough for more information.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:22 pm 

I don't recall seeing it in the walkthrough, but I've noticed a couple times that after a room's been trashed it will downgrade to basically "off" if it hadn't been upgraded at all and you'll need to reupgrade it back to level 1. Spare production rooms get wrecked pretty easily once ascetics start appearing at level 8 or so.

As for getting to scenario 5...
Spoiler! :
it boils down to uncursing the statue before Krevess shows up at 25k energy, and then beating Krevess so that Shasta leaves before you finish up filling the DV. I think there was 9 switches to hit before you could uncurse the statue, most of which were in the areas prior to finding it. There's 4 in the room that you need to take warp gates to enter. It's listed as Ending A in the walkthrough's quick ending list, but it's Ending D in the detailed guide. Hope that helps; it looks like unlocking Scenario 6+ is just plain painful.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:32 am 

more text going outside the window on the item "Cane of Heaven". it looks worse when equiped

Attachment:
Chaos Seed.srm [8 KiB]
Downloaded 833 times

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:24 am 
Site Admin

Fixed! Thanks delimew. I also made a few changes to some of the other item names. Hopefully, nothing else will pop up. When I look through the list items, though, I'm still surprised at how many I never obtained. Some of them are really weird... There's even an item called "Time Sealing Curse". O_O

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:29 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Fixed! Thanks delimew. I also made a few changes to some of the other item names. Hopefully, nothing else will pop up. When I look through the list items, though, I'm still surprised at how many I never obtained. Some of them are really weird... There's even an item called "Time Sealing Curse". O_O
I found the Time Sealing Curse. It's buried in one of the many alternate endings.
Spoiler! :
I believe I found it in a tunnel in one of the parallel worlds. It didn't seem to have a real use though, but everything associated with that scroll appeared normal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next