Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed Feedback!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:47 am 

I'm late but congrats! I hope everybody enjoys the game as much as I did.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:17 am 

Dragonrider, what is the version of Higan that you used to generate the savestate? I had no luck getting it to load on my end. In case, if it is impossible for you to switch versions for some reason, I'll be happy to use the same one you did. The latest version is numbered at 094.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 am 
Site Admin

And just let me add again (in case you missed it) that if you have or can produce an SRM, it would be even better ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:14 pm 

Is this description okay? From the guides, I know there's upgrades to increase the chance of digging weapons, armors and items. Maybe the descriptions for armors and items got mixed up?

By the way, what's the purpose of the flowerplate? I used it and all gates in a room got closed. Is it to stop enemies from entering the room?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:25 am 
Site Admin

I'm not certain of that exact upgrade, but "Gear" (instead of "weapons") and "Charms" (which is the correct translation over "armour") are what we went with in-game. They were small words that fully fit in the menus we had. As per the the upgrade name with "Armor Excavation", I'm trying to double-check the translation, but for some reason the Japanese files seem to have gotten a little corrupted. Looking at the upgrades, though, I see them listed as Weapon Excavation, Armor Excavation, and Item Excavation. I suppose we could standardize those names using gear/charms/tools, but then, what's the point of having a description ;)

I hope someone else can chime in on the flowerplate... I got it, but I don't recall exactly. There are many items that have very vague descriptions. ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:02 pm 

Closed gates will transfer more sentan and energy ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:46 pm 

@RedSoul: Uh, turns out I'm using bsnes 0.70 - didn't realize it was THAT old, but I wasn't keen on going through the hassle of compiling it myself when byuu stopped providing the 32-bit versions on his site (or at least that's what I remember telling myself).

I recreated a saveram from the state on my end and attached it for you, though.

Attachments:
Chaos Seed - Fuusui Kairoki (J) (with bug).srm [8 KiB]
Downloaded 1375 times
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Big thanks! Should be fixed soon. ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 pm 

Hi, first post here.

First just want to say how I really appreciate and enjoy all the work you guys do here. Thank you very much for all of your dedication and hard work.

As for my feedback, I am running into problems getting the game to run on an actual snes via flashcart. I've tried playing around with the rom in ucon64 and snestool but am coming up short. When I try to put the rom on the cart, it appears as a 64bit rom and about halfway through loading to the cart I recieve an error where there is no more data left or something of that nature. I'm not currently at home and can provide a more detailed explanation of the error later on.

So, I was just wondering if there is a way to resize the rom to the proper size . If this is outside the scope of the project, my apologies.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

poponon wrote:
Hi, first post here.

First just want to say how I really appreciate and enjoy all the work you guys do here. Thank you very much for all of your dedication and hard work.

As for my feedback, I am running into problems getting the game to run on an actual snes via flashcart. I've tried playing around with the rom in ucon64 and snestool but am coming up short. When I try to put the rom on the cart, it appears as a 64bit rom and about halfway through loading to the cart I recieve an error where there is no more data left or something of that nature. I'm not currently at home and can provide a more detailed explanation of the error later on.

So, I was just wondering if there is a way to resize the rom to the proper size . If this is outside the scope of the project, my apologies.

Welcome to D-D. I can't solve your technical issue, but will be curious to see if someone can. I've been thinking about trying that system and am curious to learn more about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next