Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed Feedback!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:57 am 

From what I understand, the difference between the Senju message levels is the verboseness of the advice they give. If possible, could you reach the same point you were at with it off and see if you experience a crash?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:25 am 
Site Admin

Dragonrider wrote:
I have a bsnes savestate in the area too if you want it.

I do have a question, though, since the manual/walkthrough doesn't cover it. What does it do when you set the Senju Advice setting to "Talk"? I tried it once, but the game froze up about a turn later and I'm not sure if it's related.

Hey, and thanks for the feedback! A save/srm would be GREAT. Not sure why it's glitching up so we need to debug :(
As far as setting advice to "Talk"... I'm guessing nobody tested it in beta...(?) I will need to do more testing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:12 am 

..."The extension bsa is not allowed." just came up on the forum board. No idea if that's an accident or not, figured I'd mention it.

The savestate itself is actually at the point when I discovered the text garble and was actually a bit past, as I recall, when I'd found the freeze. I also know there was a LOT of possibilities for it. As best as I recall...
-Advice was set to Talk
-The other inline help option was set to the middle setting as well, though I can't remember the name of it offhand
-I was extracting sentan from a large stockpile and was getting the red-colored orbs for the first time
-I was in Scenario 4 with two scenario characters and a red dog in my party
-I -think- one of my roaming patrols had just sealed up an enemy portal, but the alert for it hadn't yet appeared.

I do remember that while the gameplay froze up, the music was playing just fine, so I can't help but wonder if there was simply too much going on for the system to handle at that instant. I've yet to see any freezes with Advice set to Explain which is why I was thinking it might have been the cause.

I'll see what I can do to get back to that or a similar point, but it might take a bit - like I said I'm into Scenario 5 now and I can't exactly start Scenario 4 over right away. Hopefully I can recreate it from the state, since I think the recount is saved in the dungeon itself on the way to the boss.

Attachments:
Chaos Seed bsnes savestate.zip [107.83 KiB]
Downloaded 736 times
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:30 am 
Site Admin

Thanks! We will delve into this more when time permits ;)
I also enabled *bsa files now for future postings. Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:52 pm 

All I can says is... WOW! I been coming to this site pretty much daily knowing that you guys were releasing this soon and picked it up the day it came out. Since then I've been addicted. I put down Xillia and been playing this so much I completely forgot to stop and say thank you guys!!! I'm not one for action rpgs as opposed to traditional/turn base one, but I must say this game is awesome. This game is so unique with its blended simulation and action into this great rpg. I'm hooked! So again, and I can't say it enough, thanks to you all, Draken, Bongo`, WildBill, Red Soul, filler, taskforce, recca... everyone and anyone one I may have left out, you all do such wonderful work!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:04 pm 

I've been trying to recreate the freeze for you but I haven't been able to do it - I get the feeling it might have been one of those things that everything has to happen simultaneously, so I might never see it again. I think the best I'll be able to do in that regard is to take a savestate midfreeze if it ever happens again. I did confirm that Bomb Burst 3 shows up garbled in both columns, though.

And it wasn't a big issue about .bsa getting blocked, I only really brought it up because when it failed to upload it also wiped what I'd been typing. I know bsnes and higan aren't the most widespread emulators out there, so their savestates not being immediately recognized as such is kind of expected. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Jhutch321 wrote:
All I can says is... WOW! I been coming to this site pretty much daily knowing that you guys were releasing this soon and picked it up the day it came out. Since then I've been addicted. I put down Xillia and been playing this so much I completely forgot to stop and say thank you guys!!! I'm not one for action rpgs as opposed to traditional/turn base one, but I must say this game is awesome. This game is so unique with its blended simulation and action into this great rpg. I'm hooked! So again, and I can't say it enough, thanks to you all, Draken, Bongo`, WildBill, Red Soul, filler, taskforce, recca... everyone and anyone one I may have left out, you all do such wonderful work!!
Hi, Jhutch321. Hey, you're welcome. Been a while since I've spoken to you. Yep, this is one of the hardest games I've ever played, but once you learn cave-building it is indeed addictive. More importantly for me, I enjoyed my part in writing this game to the maximum because it features a strong relationship, problem-solving in a successful marriage, and dealing with the quirks of an amazingly talented woman, something I have decades of experience mastering in real life! And I just flat out enjoy writing stories as much as I do playing RPGs. Two extremes here, difficulty and game addiction, but the game's complexity may be a good thing. Some said Silva-Saga-II was too easy and Burning Heroes' scenarios were too repetitive. That's hardly the case in Chaos Seed. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:55 pm 

Spoiler! :
In scenario 4, after you beat Izanagi and meet the time deity, the text kind of gets broken, as shown by the image below.

http://i.imgur.com/IDe3z3a.png

I should mention that I'm using the previously released patched, and the problem may no longer exist. I'm also using Higan/BSNES to emulate this.

I have saved a state at that particular point,, but I'm not sure where BSNES stores them.

EDIT:
Spoiler! :
Found a typo here. I spoke to someone at the tavern on scenario 5. I hope these errors aren't bugging anyone here; I'm only trying to help find things that may have otherwise been missed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Suineg! One of those had already been reported, but the others hadn't! They have been fixed and will be in the next update.
Oh, and don't feel bad about pointing out mistakes/bugs. Even if I had had 100 beta testers, there would still be little things that would have gotten by us.

Thanks for taken the time to report them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:13 am 
Site Admin

@Dragonrider: ChronoMoogle and I had no luck breaking the game with Senju Advice switched on. The bug could possibly have been due to something else. I guess we won't know. Also, taking a save state after the game hangs/crashes does't really help us because to debug the problem we need the game from a state before the problem occurred :( But thanks a lot for trying to help out! Oh, and I'm waiting on RedSoul to get me an SRM of the Bomb Burst bug, but he must be rather busy at the moment because I have yet to hear back from him ;) If you have an SRM... well.. it would speed things up ;) I tried loading the *.bsa file, but it always fails to load. Sometimes I have very mixed results with bsnes and save sates :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next