Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Showing off!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

tizubythefizo wrote:
remind me when i'm super rich to donate a bunch of money to you guys ;)
What we mainly need to continue being productive is more good translators (some of the best already help us a lot!) and maybe someone who can crack/hack Albert Odyssey's multiple compression scheme! Actually, this is a very low cost hobby. All we need are PCs or Macs, the right knowledge pool on our teams, dedication to the tasks, and time. The web space costs just pennies a day.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

I am still waiting for the day when a big game company sends us an e-mail saying that they want to hire us all to do their localizations for them... I could easily quit my day-job for that!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:37 pm 

Draken wrote:
I am still waiting for the day when a big game company sends us an e-mail saying that they want to hire us all to do their localizations for them... I could easily quit my day-job for that!

hmm give me about 12 years to finish school/get work/get my game company off the ground ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:35 pm 

It would be a dream job to help games be born.
I mean what we do here is almost the same thing, since the vast majority of us westerns
has next to no command of japanese (myself included), the games our efforts help shed light on
are in practice, born to many anew, no matter the actual age the game has.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:42 pm 

Well i have plans on owning my own gaming company one day (very far future in all probability,it's a life goal)

But I would love, and if it's financially feasible if(when) it happens to have a division of my (future) company to be somewhat like Working Designs of old, and be mainly tasked with localizing Japanese games.

right now, my plan of action is...

Step 1: Finish college
Step 2: ...
Step 3: PROFIT!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

I like step three... hehe. But really, I'd do this job for about what I'm making now (not tons of money, but enough to live comfortably). Let us know when your business gets off the ground ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
tizubythefizo wrote:
remind me when i'm super rich to donate a bunch of money to you guys ;)
What we mainly need to continue being productive is more good translators (some of the best already help us a lot!) and maybe someone who can crack/hack Albert Odyssey's multiple compression scheme! Actually, this is a very low cost hobby. All we need are PCs or Macs, the right knowledge pool on our teams, dedication to the tasks, and time. The web space costs just pennies a day.

Hahaha. Albert Odyssey's compression is the easy part. What sux is the text storage used.
For example, the text...

"This is Bongo` trying to explain"
"AO's dumb storage structure."

The first line can be at ROM postion $008000 and the second string can be at ROM position
$009123. But yet they appear right after each other. The reason? The routine access data in a block structure which is basically a heap of dictionary control codes and that's it! Note, you still
have to figure out how it knows if it wants 1 string or 2. And if it also wants to read another set of strings or do a game event. After dealing with MA I was not having it! I needed some thing more realistic to do. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:47 pm 

Wow this is looking really sleek isn't it? I like how the thin font goes well with the game and also the title screen looks amazing.
Those waiting and hoping for CS to be done would love to see some of these screenies right on on the front page, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:05 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Wow this is looking really sleek isn't it? I like how the thin font goes well with the game and also the title screen looks amazing.
Those waiting and hoping for CS to be done would love to see some of these screenies right on on the front page, I'm sure.
But we need someone to move a bunch of old news to archives! (Hint, hint...)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:42 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Red Soul wrote:
But we need someone to move a bunch of old news to archives! (Hint, hint...)

Yeah I plan on getting on that later this week. I have the best of intentions but if intentions moved mountains...

Seriously, I know it needs to be done hehe. I'll get it done. I wish I had time to move the site to a sqlite database setup that was more script driven. Then I could have all the news in the database and it would automatically move it to archives. Or more accurately, it would only display the top so many newest releases and a complete list at archives. :( Maybe I'll find the time for that soon.