Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Post subject: Re: BH Dialogue Translation Progress
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:39 am 
Site Admin

Wayne wrote:
Just a supporter from Vietnam, I guess there's nothing I can do to help just encouraging so you will do your best. Thank you.
That helps. We are eagerly awaiting more translated blocks from Ritchie.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

Ugh, I have some rather bad news... My Windows XP just got busted for the third time in the seven years that I had it along with my even older 98 (this time for good it seems)... Right now, I'm borrowing a friend's laptop, but I'll have to return it back to him soon as he needs it for work. Until I get myself a new computer, I won't be around for awhile, sorry... Luckily though, I was able to save most of my important files on a USB stick so at least that's good. Well, I hope that I'll be able to return back here soon (with Christmas coming up, maybe I'll find a cheap computer that's on sale or something). I'll see you guys soon!

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:03 pm 

Recca wrote:
Ugh, I have some rather bad news... My Windows XP just got busted for the third time in the seven years that I had it along with my even older 98 (this time for good it seems)... Right now, I'm borrowing a friend's laptop, but I'll have to return it back to him soon as he needs it for work. Until I get myself a new computer, I won't be around for awhile, sorry... Luckily though, I was able to save most of my important files on a USB stick so at least that's good. Well, I hope that I'll be able to return back here soon (with Christmas coming up, maybe I'll find a cheap computer that's on sale or something). I'll see you guys soon!

The machine can't be fixed?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:32 am 

Quite a bummer.
I hope Recca can get a machine rolling soon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:40 am 

sorry to hear about the bad news man computers can only handle so much i still own windows xp and well the mother board is hanging on so ya should take your time on anything serious and get though with that when you can:)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:13 am 
Site Admin

Well I'm back for now, but not very happy to say the least... This new computer really sucks! Seriously, the keyboard layout is terrible and it also makes loud noises when you press on the keys. I can't even use my good old one as this new computer doesn't have the old fashioned mouse and keyboard ports, only USB. Bah, why oh why did both my 98 and XP have to break down in the same week (the XP hard drive just died and the 98's motherboard and power source burned out)...? They were both a lot better than this Windows 7 crap. Eh, well I'll resume helping out with Burning Heroes, but I think that I'm really going to trash this terrible and overpriced computer once I'm done with the project. At least I'll always have my memories of the good times I had with my 98 and especially my amazing XP...

Edit: Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I also hate IE9, IE7 was way better in every way! There's also a fair number of useful programs I had on the XP which I no longer have (neither on CD nor USB). The colors and graphics also look terrible (faded and washout). And strangely enough, this Windows 7 is even slower than the XP was! I know that there's no point in crying over spilled milk, but it still sucks...

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:01 am 

Recca, there are small dongles that convert PS/2 (the old style keyboard/mouse connector) to USB, you should be able to pick those up for peanuts (litterally ;)) so you could still use the old keyboard this way.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ps2+to+usb+adapter

As for Windows 7 being slow, this probably is because you're also running an antivirus application and firewall application & god knows what else came preinstalled on the damned thing. Hope you can sort all the issue's out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Recca, give me a little time to round up what you need, and I'll send it your way soon.

Oh, BTW, Ritchie just forwarded Blocks 64, 65, and 66. These are the Devil's Tower scenes for six characters - World-III - everyone following Ryuu and Ryoga. Only two blocks remain, Dark Tower in World-II for four characters and Cosmion in World-III for all eight. I've already written Laila for Devil's Tower and am working on Shen this very moment. Translation stands at 98%, our Alpha version is V0.97, Beta is 0.95, and the project page has been updated. Major menu work remaining include pages for the warp item and spell, and icons for equipment pages and health status conditions. Yep, we are that close to pre-beta testing. A Christmas release may be possible. It will depend upon Ritchie's schedule and how our testing and final menu work goes. These last two blocks are large, so we will need to allow everyone all of the time needed.

Due to the pre-climactic, plot-revealing spoiler nature of the six seminal confrontations in Demon's Tower, I'm not releasing graphics of the new English. In other words, sports fans, these three new blocks cover tough boss battles for six characters that precede their final big boss battle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:21 am 

wishing you all a very happy thanksgiving dynamic team have a great holiday:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:35 am 
Site Admin

sidsayian wrote:
wishing you all a very happy thanksgiving dynamic team have a great holiday:)
Thanks, sidsayian. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, too!

BTW, we are rewriting character scenarios now, one by one, to make sure everything matches in the three worlds. This will speed up the process to beta testing and release once we have all the translations and menu work done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next