Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next
Post subject: Re: BH Dialogue Translation Progress
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Literally overnight, with the receipt of 13 new blocks from Ritchie, BH has streaked from a V0.70 Beta to a V0.87 Alpha.

Of the 86 total blocks, only 11 remain to be translated.

World-I (finished)

World-II

Block 026 - Devil's Road

Block 034 - Dark Tower

Block 059 - Star Key
Block 060 - Star Key
Block 061 - Star Key
Block 062 - Star Key

World-III

Block 039 - Cosmion

Block 063 - Cosmion Teleporter
Block 064 - Cosmion Teleporter
Block 065 - Cosmion Teleporter
Block 066 - Cosmion Teleporter

Most of these are big blocks, so we will need to be patient.
I'm behind on my work anyway, but Ritchie's latest blocks make me very happy this fine Saturday afternoon!
I must say that I haven't gotten consumed with a game this much since working on Lennus-II and Mystic Ark.
All of the RPGs we've translated are good plays or better, but this one in particular has that undefinable special feel to me.
Ritchie's translations have set a certain tone in this game that I've not only kept intact, I've embellished and incorporated it uniformly.

Here are some graphics with new English. In one of them, Ryoga stands at the gateway to World-III. The Ruins Underground Temple may become Relic Underground Shrine or any combination of these five words as we debate options and finalize standardization decisions.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

This certainly is great news! From what I've seen, the biggest text blocks where mainly in World-I and II and most of those have been completed. We're definitely getting much closer to the finished product. Many thanks go out to Ritchie once again! Hm, now I'm curious as to why Rouga is fighting against Lithia... I suspect that the Black Mask had something to do with this event. Interesting.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
This certainly is great news! From what I've seen, the biggest text blocks where mainly in World-I and II and most of those have been completed. We're definitely getting much closer to the finished product. Many thanks go out to Ritchie once again! Hm, now I'm curious as to why Rouga is fighting against Lithia... I suspect that the Black Mask had something to do with this event. Interesting.
Yes, hee-hee, I thought that would get your attention! This game has some amazing twists throughout. I'll upload the working ROM I have right now, a version 0.70+ Beta and the V0.87 Alpha (inclusive), and you'll need to play the Floating Road chapter for Rouga. BTW, Floating Road is nearly polished for Ryuu, Rouga, and Laila, but not the rest yet. Once I get today's current working ROM uploaded, I'll PM you the link.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:55 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Recca wrote:
Yes, hee-hee, I thought that would get your attention! This game has some amazing twists throughout. I'll upload the working ROM I have right now, a version 0.70+ Beta and the V0.87 Alpha (inclusive), and you'll need to play the Floating Road chapter for Rouga. BTW, Floating Road is nearly polished for Ryuu, Rouga, and Laila, but not the rest yet. Once I get today's current working ROM uploaded, I'll PM you the link.

Hahaha, disregard that e-mail I sent you. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:17 am 

wow nice new screenshots of the game wildbill and i like the last one with you putting in thanks for support from yuka and me i like that very nice man keep up the great work and all the team:)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:07 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Recca wrote:

Got it, thanks! Whew, that sure was some plot twist! Eh, now I wondering what happened to Lithia after the fight, but I'll keep quiet about it for now as I don't want to tease anyone or spoil the story for them. :lol: I guess I'll find out later in the game.

By the way, I sent you a minor bug-error report via email. Nothing big, just some minor stuff, mainly text wise. It's looking great!

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:25 pm 

:o Eternal gratefulness... (especially loving the last screenshot, ha ha! ^^)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:44 pm 

Alright, sign me up to beta this game when it reaches full beta status. Never played it before, but it looks good and WildBill's words make me feel like it's a game not to be missed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Alright, sign me up to beta this game when it reaches full beta status. Never played it before, but it looks good and WildBill's words make me feel like it's a game not to be missed.
You got it, Kemo Sabe. I can't believe how fast it's suddenly coming together. I've been in a zone with it for weeks - not even watching football today or yesterday, just monitoring the scores at CNNSI.com. But I may be watching Maryland VS West Virginia at Byrd Stadium next Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:38 pm 

Amazing work guys! Really looking forward to this masterpiece! As always, thanks again for all your extraordinary work!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next