Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Post subject: Burning Heroes post release feedback
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:09 am 

As it is now becoming costumary, please direct all
inquiries and opinions regarding our Burning Heroes patch to this thread.

Post subject: Re: Burning Heroes post release feedback
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:55 am 

Yeah! Congrats for the release! :D

(btw, should this project be moved to the completed projects, both in the project pages and the forums?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

Yuka wrote:
Yeah! Congrats for the release! :D

(btw, should this project be moved to the completed projects, both in the project pages and the forums?)
Jump in here any time, Yuka, as people work through the scenarios, to help someone stuck and whatnot. Yours is still the freshest full play.

As for the gaming public, we invite you to report any typo and such that you find. This is another way we strive to make the game as perfect as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 am 

Been running around for a few on a couple difference starting characters, no typos or anything glaring that I've noticed, seems to be workin' good.

I did have a quick question - Does anyone know exactly how the other four characters unlock? Or possibly even par/gg codes to unlock 'em? I did some googling on google.co.jp but couldn't make much sense of what I found code-wise.

Thanks! Great release. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 am 

W-Woah.

I wasn't expecting this release so early! I'll definitely get to this as I've been wanting to for some time now. I did look at a few gameplay videos and it seemed really good, the soundtrack is great, too.

Can anyone explain to me how the game works, though? I may be confused with other games but I remember hearing that this game has multiple scenarios, and I also heard that after finishing them all you get a true ending.

Sounds exactly like how Live a Live worked (I could be confusing that game with this), but if that's the case, then is each scenario completely different from the other? Also, how long would you say this game is?

Thank you for this release. I'm very much looking forward to your next releases, Aretha comes to mind. : )

Backloggery :: Youtube

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:59 am 

Brelgus wrote:
Been running around for a few on a couple difference starting characters, no typos or anything glaring that I've noticed, seems to be workin' good.

I did have a quick question - Does anyone know exactly how the other four characters unlock? Or possibly even par/gg codes to unlock 'em? I did some googling on google.co.jp but couldn't make much sense of what I found code-wise.

Thanks! Great release. :)

To unlock a character, you need to play through his/her scenario completely (3 acts)
and then, after the credits roll completely (you'll see an animation of the character
running, after the credits roll and the character stops by a tree, it is the right moment).
just hit reset. After that when you start a new game, the character on the opposite side
of the selection screen will be unlocked (Ryuu unlocks Rouga, Lila unlocks Shen and so on).

Last edited by Red Soul on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:03 am 

Zetshiro wrote:
W-Woah.

I wasn't expecting this release so early! I'll definitely get to this as I've been wanting to for some time now. I did look at a few gameplay videos and it seemed really good, the soundtrack is great, too.

Can anyone explain to me how the game works, though? I may be confused with other games but I remember hearing that this game has multiple scenarios, and I also heard that after finishing them all you get a true ending.

Sounds exactly like how Live a Live worked (I could be confusing that game with this), but if that's the case, then is each scenario completely different from the other? Also, how long would you say this game is?

Thank you for this release. I'm very much looking forward to your next releases, Aretha comes to mind. : )

Each character has their own 3-part scenario and the characters on the left unlock the characters on the right (I described
the procedure on the post above). It is recommended that you play in the following order, to make the most sense out of
the plot: Ryuu - Rouga - Lila - Shen - Gaou - Chocolate - Naga - Mevius (in other words, left to right and top to bottom
on the character selection). Of course, you are free to do the scenarios in any order as they are both individual viginettes
and an overreaching larger plot.

I'm not sure if I answered your question, Zetshiro, but if not, please do say so.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:47 am 

This is absolutely awesome news! So cool! I have not been paying attention to this project as much as some of your other projects but am excited none the less and sensed this was coming since your last release!

I just started, just played 15 minutes so far to get a feel for the game and battles. Now it is time to reflect on my first impressions, as I always do with games. Seems like I've been set up with an epic!

One question: Are the rest of the four characters AI controlled or can I manually input functions for them? That (would be) a minor draw back for me in regards to playing the game, but I did beat Magna Braban so I guess this should not be a problem as I highly doubt anything else could compare in regards to feelings of helplessness, (Magna Braban). I just like to have control, aha and that was the main drawback of Emereld Dragon and to a lesser extent Silva Saga (mercenaries/idols).

Anyway, AWESOME AWESOME, your fan base is growing by the day I am sure (see my screen name pays homage to you)!

I have a feeling Princess Minivera is next..hmmmm...Just a hunch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 am 

Congratulations on finishing this. Out of all the SNES RPGs left untranslated, this was probably the one I wanted to see the most. I still have to finish Silva Saga 2 first so it might be a few weeks before I really start playing. I was actually kind of surprised to see such 2 big releases next to each other.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:14 am 

Yes! :D

Another great gem to play with :)

You guys are simply amazing!

Anyhoo....

Spoiler! :
What benefit &/or effect (if there are any) does changing your party's formation have in battle? I'm asking this because this formation feature reminds me so much of Romancing SaGa 3 in that in RS3 your formation adds certain bonuses to your party's abilities in battle where if you choose a certain formation you'd get bonuses like better defense, faster movement or the member in between a cross shaped formation will never be selected by enemies in an attack.

Also, what is this "PM" stat for?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next