Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post subject: Re: Script Translation Progress
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:39 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Bongo wrote:
didn't i give you debugger access to this game?
Nope, but I'll try to get you an SNES9x save of one of those status icons soon.

BH's debugger is ok. It allows wall walk-throughs, map jumping, battle init / exit.
Battle Formation change. You can even start the game with a crew and Shen being the leader. :)
It does a few other things too but oh well. :)
Heh, I just finished writing Shen to World-II last night. Talk about a guy who gets no respect! I'm writing Mevius now, and his and Iris' party seem to draw poison attacks like road kill draws flies!! I'll get you and Recca updates by the weekend. In fact, I'll send a V0.25 to the core group, but you guys will be able to play only half the eight chars without Recca's unlock SRM, so I'd better send that file along also. I must hurry and get caught up to Ritchie's stop point before Filler finishes Aretha-II. I guess you already know what I'll be hollering after next!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:16 am 
Site Admin

Whoa, that's great news! If you're working on Mebius now who is the last character, does that mean that you also finished writing Chocolate (Shokora) and Eclair's scenario? It's between that of Shen's and Mebius' which is why I'm asking. As for that Dorol enemy; I'm not quite sure, but I think that it's that big ox looking guy with horns. If it is, we could go with the name Troll or something like that.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Whoa, that's great news! If you're working on Mebius now who is the last character, does that mean that you also finished writing Chocolate (Shokora) and Eclair's scenario? It's between that of Shen's and Mebius' which is why I'm asking. As for that Dorol enemy; I'm not quite sure, but I think that it's that big ox looking guy with horns. If it is, we could go with the name Troll or something like that.
Yep, I'm on the final character, #8, that madcap S&M couple. I'm using the heck out of that S&M theme, too, but it's S&M-lite and I'm making it comical. When you hear the music in the background of the empty Aqua Clean room, that will set the tone totally for how silly these two nutscases - Mevi and Iris - can act!

If you have the Dorol creature pegged right for its looks, then Troll works. Such a creature as you described is certainly no doll!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Just a small update. Progress is about 96% now. Things are slowing down a little due to the dense nature of the text in these last blocks and the size. There are 3 blocks left that are 81K total. I'm working on a 26K block now, but the largest block in the game, 42K is still remaining (a well as one more 13K block). It's going fine, just taking a while. :)

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Just a small update. Progress is about 96% now. Things are slowing down a little due to the dense nature of the text in these last blocks and the size. There are 3 blocks left that are 81K total. I'm working on a 26K block now, but the largest block in the game, 42K is still remaining (a well as one more 13K block). It's going fine, just taking a while. :)
Very happy to hear this! I translated the six string Burning Heroes intro! (1k file) Took me all weekend fooling with it. 96% - Wow, closer and closer!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:

Hey, I thank you sir all of your hard work. The main script is probably the
most difficult part of the game. Formatting will be a monster as well. I still have to get around to working on the final few MISC files. I saw a few files that needed some work. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:57 am 
Site Admin

Glad to hear that you were able to do the intro for Buning Heroes WB! Thanks for your work on this too Bongo'. I'm sure the rest of this won't be a walk in the park either. If you guys need translation help on additional small stuff for this project just let me know.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:01 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Glad to hear that you were able to do the intro for Buning Heroes WB! Thanks for your work on this too Bongo'. I'm sure the rest of this won't be a walk in the park either. If you guys need translation help on additional small stuff for this project just let me know.
Thanks, Matt! We appreciate that. Recca has helped a lot, too. Just after I busted a hump on BH Block 41, the 3 kb Intro file, Ritchie sent us six completed blocks this morning, including Block 41. Just as I suspected, I was about 85-90% accurate. The whole Intro finally made perfect sense with a few details cleared up. It worked okay the other way and was accurate to the story, but it's better now with Ritchie's clarification of who the speaker was. We may just need a spot trans here and there if Ritchie gets tied up. He gets so busy, he doesn't have much time for extraneous correspondence.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:56 am 
Site Admin

98%. Just that last 42K file and some clean up left...

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:14 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
98%. Just that last 42K file and some clean up left...
I love these reports, Matt, the way you build the suspense! Let me tell you again how much we all appreciate your work and the infectious enthusiasm for what you do along the way. Once more, for Western language speakers, you and Bongo` are about to unlock a magic door to yet another untapped treasure trove in the RPG universe!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next