Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Aretha-II English Production Progress
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:01 am 
Site Admin

It's semi-official! Aretha-II English Production is underway. The lengthy Aretha-II Introduction is 99% polished. Draken formatted and edited. I (Wildbill) re-structured the display code and polished the story in this segment. We have created an English preview video at the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdi_WjunPpc

Production will proceed side-by-side with Chaos Seed, Burning Heroes, and other games, with CS taking precedence.

Post subject: Re: Aretha-II English Production Progress
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

I was just starting to wonder how things are going with Aretha II and this comes along. Really cool! Thanks for sharing this, not just with me but with the world.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:40 am 
Site Admin

Heh, I have mentioned Aretha-II on the main page and other boards, so I should mention it here, as well. I just released beta version 0.18 to the core group today. I might have gone a bit over V0.20 had not the game locked in the fight with Demon King Akin at Seckt Castle.

I'll also announce that Taskforce will be collaborating with the story writing. For some reason, he is highly interested in RPGs having female leads. Well, that makes two of us! I am also awaiting input from Filler on two untranslated files that may be the entries of pages in a "Monster Book" (but no big rush!). He knows he is welcome to collaborate on the story, also, or if he didn't, he knows now.

I have a spot translation request for the "Monster Soul conversion-to-armor process".

This game has a feature in which captured monster souls of different colors and elements may be combined in an old man's house in Gura Town. The process uses a triangular-shaped board containing four holes that pops up whenever you speak to the fellow. I assume the monster souls are placed in the holes in various quantities and combinations to produce the actual armor. A gentleman has a FAQ out that discusses this process in a fair amount of detail, but it's still not very clear to me.

The manual pages explaining these Monster Soul intricacies fall between 38 and 41. The manual may be downloaded here: http://www.dynamic-designs.us/aretha2/Aretha-II_Manual.zip
Any page in that span that pertains to Monster Souls collection and conversion may be useful to us during production and many other gamers down the line. If so, we may try to produce some English graphics for these later on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:22 am 

Well I played some of the current Aretha 2 patch to this point and I'll have to say it really has a strange charm to it, everything seems to be done in a simple manner, but at the same time there is a gentle feel to it all, and its captivating in this way, maybe due to the lead being a female, dunno.

I intend to play as far as the battle with the big devil head honcho thingy to see if I also get a freeze, the sooner we isolate the problem, all the better down the road.
The manual looks rather delightful and I feel it will be a lot simpler to work with than CS is being, when it comes down to that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:08 am 
Site Admin

Any progress on the game stopping bug?

Also I figure it's probably early for bug reports but I grabbed some screenshots as I was playing just for the heck of it.

Spoiler! :

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:44 am 

Good eye there Filler, I found those as well as a few others, but I figure all attention Aretha 2 wise will most likely be given towards sorting the bug.
Heh and just as the story was getting interesting, too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Any progress on the game stopping bug?

Also I figure it's probably early for bug reports but I grabbed some screenshots as I was playing just for the heck of it.

Spoiler! :
Never too early! And Bongo` surfaced momentarily last evening but no Bongo` magic yet. He just dropped in to share the joys of marital bliss!

Aaaargghhh...! I thought I fixed that "Consult menu" bug! The names used to all run together.

Several of your other catches are related to the [2Line] bug. The [2Line] code works normally fine in some locations but not in others yet.

Finally, I caught a typo I made in one of your graphics: "Zecht" Castle should be "Zeckt" Castle.
I will correct whatever I can from these. Thanks! Now, back to fixing the rest of those 60-odd beta reports from Red Soul for Burning Heroes...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 am 
Site Admin

Fun fun. We do this for fun right? (Enter Montoya voice: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.) :)

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Fun fun. We do this for fun right? (Enter Montoya voice: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.) :)
Hee-hee... Well, Bongo` is looking into the crashes. I have experienced two more crashes since bypassing Zeckt Castle with the Japanese ROM. One is the "Consult Carl" crash. The other one is the "Tower of "Medinam" crash. Bongo` believes these glitches may be script file-related, including lack of formatting and blank entries for those unfinished RomText blocks that I gave you. No rush, though. I may try "dummying them up", as I call it, adding a few ascii entries to each RomText string. This trick worked to avoid crashes in Burning Heroes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:58 am 
Site Admin

Those are some clever crash bypassing techniques. Glad to hear you've been able to play some more. Thanks for reminding me about those files too. ^_^; I went ahead and translated about 1/3 of one of them this evening. It's kind of easy work, but there is just so much of it! It shouldn't take to long to get those finished though. I'll probably mix it with WtPC2, but I'd say they should be done in a couple weeks anyway.

My projects
RHDN Community DB