Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Aretha II's Mixed Form...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:49 am 

As part of the beta test team, I decided to 'craft' every item available through 'Mixed Form' in Aretha II. I decided to compile everything into one list, in case anyone else is interested in it.

There's different formats to choose from:

.docx format: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kh6up7bq4 ... .docx/file

.pdf format: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m1mi3h20i ... m.pdf/file

.xlsx format: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4xpbsxetv ... .xlsx/file

I've double checked everything, and all the info is accurate. Unfortunately, Yanoman must have seriously been rushing the game, as there's a LOT of items that are literally 'copy/pasted' throughout the table of items you can make, with the exact same stats.

By the way, the list is divided into three parts:

1-Normal Combinations (these are just regular 'Mixed Form' combinations)
2-Seram Ore Combinations (these are done when you select the item, "Seram Ore", then the amount of Souls)
3-Runite Ore Combinations (these are done when you select the item, "Runite Ore", then the amount of Souls)

Since you only ever get one "Seram Ore" & one "Runite Ore" in the entire game, it's possible the game developers may have assumed people would never see the entire list. It's a shame, really, since some of the stats for the items which require a greater number of Souls don't make sense...at all. If you go over the list, you'll see what I mean. Typically, the greater the number of Souls used in Mixed Form, the better the item stats (and this was true for Aretha I, with only a few exceptions). In Aretha II, however, it's not unusual to see an item crafted with 30 Souls (the maximum number) end up with the exact same stats as the same item crafted with 7 Souls (I'm looking at you, "Seram Flail").

Anyway, the information is out, so hopefully it will be of use to others.

Post subject: Re: Aretha II's Mixed Form...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

Aretha II was literally released 13 months behind Aretha I. Now, I'm not sure if the story is the same as the Gameboy games which came first, but either way, that is one EXTREMELY quick turn around for any RPG. Not surprising that corners were cut, assets were flipped and things were rushed/done poorly unfortunately. Kind of amazing what they did get done in 13 months. Probably also why a few late game scenes played out in a way that made about as much sense as a barn door on a battleship. I tried to fix them to make sense as best I could while keeping the Japanese scene in tact. Bwah117 knows what I'm talking about. Anyway, I wasn't trying to hijack the thread, I just wanted to point out the likely culprit for the games sloppiness.

EDIT: Oh, and to be clear, I actually recommend the game and liked it. I just won't deny that some parts of it were quite sloppily handled.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Bwah117 wrote:
As part of the beta test team, I decided to 'craft' every item available through 'Mixed Form' in Aretha II. I decided to compile everything into one list, in case anyone else is interested in it.

There's different formats to choose from:

.docx format: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kh6up7bq4 ... .docx/file

.pdf format: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m1mi3h20i ... m.pdf/file

.xlsx format: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4xpbsxetv ... .xlsx/file

I've double checked everything, and all the info is accurate. Unfortunately, Yanoman must have seriously been rushing the game, as there's a LOT of items that are literally 'copy/pasted' throughout the table of items you can make, with the exact same stats.

By the way, the list is divided into three parts:

1-Normal Combinations (these are just regular 'Mixed Form' combinations)
2-Seram Ore Combinations (these are done when you select the item, "Seram Ore", then the amount of Souls)
3-Runite Ore Combinations (these are done when you select the item, "Runite Ore", then the amount of Souls)

Since you only ever get one "Seram Ore" & one "Runite Ore" in the entire game, it's possible the game developers may have assumed people would never see the entire list. It's a shame, really, since some of the stats for the items which require a greater number of Souls don't make sense...at all. If you go over the list, you'll see what I mean. Typically, the greater the number of Souls used in Mixed Form, the better the item stats (and this was true for Aretha I, with only a few exceptions). In Aretha II, however, it's not unusual to see an item crafted with 30 Souls (the maximum number) end up with the exact same stats as the same item crafted with 7 Souls (I'm looking at you, "Seram Flail").

Anyway, the information is out, so hopefully it will be of use to others.
Also uploaded at the link below, all three formats zipped together. Thanks to Bwah117 for assembling this data!

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/aretha2/Aretha-II-Mixed-Form.zip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:27 pm 

Thanks, Wildbill, for putting them in one package. Initially, I had planned to also show which characters can equip each item, but the game plays 'musical chairs' with your party line-up at every turn (just like in Aretha I). What this means is that some characters are only ever in your party very briefly *cough cough Todd*. By the time you've unlocked the final 'Mixed Form' NPC, some characters will not be in your party anymore, for the rest of the game (again, Todd, and a certain NPC of the animal persuasion - spoiler avoided). Since they're not in the party, I can't try equipping the items on each character. Oh, well...maybe I'll try fiddling with the 'Debug' flags a bit more (after a bit of playing around, I was able to keep the, uh, animal character in the party and make it to the last 'Mixed Form' NPC, but no such luck for Todd or Jerack).

Taskforce: Yeah, if it was released that soon after Aretha I, that would explain a lot. Don't get me wrong: I really like the games (both of them...well, there's more in the series, but 'Rejoice' hasn't been translated yet). After seeing what an interesting 'Mixed Form' system they put in place for Aretha I, I was eagerly anticipating to see what, if any, refinements/changes were made to the system in Aretha II. After seeing the items table...well, let's just say that this saps any motivation I had to further explore 'Mixed Form' in Aretha II. It's still a really good game, but a part of me can't help but wonder at what might have been if the game developers had just a little more time to work on it.