Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Just a quick update on the status of Aretha II and Beta.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

I'm in the early stages of my final Alpha playthrough of Aretha II. It can be hard to find enough time strung together to get a lot of testing done right around the holidays sometimes. This will not be ready by Christmas, I'm sorry to say. However, I am moving along with it. I'd say it'll be out early next year at this point (early could mean February or March though.)

Eventually I'll need beta testers. I will say that my preference will be people who have beta tested for us in the past and have provided feedback that has helped us improve the game. If I'm lacking there, then I'll hit up others that might want in. Sorry to be this way, but it is annoying having half our beta testers not report a thing because they were just in it to play the game early. If you happen to be someone who worked well with us before, and are interested in beta, feel free to drop me a comment in this thread below. Or send a PM if you prefer.

Post subject: Re: Just a quick update on the status of Aretha II and Beta.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:43 pm 

Great news! That's another game we're very illusioned of playing :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:19 am 
Site Admin

BTW: Thought I should clarify something just in case I confused anyone. Wildbill is still the main project coordinator on this game. He unfortunately doesn't have time to handle beta right now so I'll be handling those duties this time in case anyone was wondering about that. If anything I need his advice about comes along, I will consult with him. Anyway, just thought I'd better make sury that I clarify that for anyone wondering.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:05 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
BTW: Thought I should clarify something just in case I confused anyone. Wildbill is still the main project coordinator on this game. He unfortunately doesn't have time to handle beta right now so I'll be handling those duties this time in case anyone was wondering about that. If anything I need his advice about comes along, I will consult with him. Anyway, just thought I'd better make sure that I clarify that for anyone wondering.
And I appreciate this.

When I break free of family for a week or so before Christmas, I hope to shove two additional projects further down the bunny trail. As 2019 has gone all year, the first half of 2020 already appears to be filling up with numerous competing needs and demands, with tentative plans constantly in a state of flux.

After I reach a place of occasional solitude, I'll explain what we're trying to get done with certain games in greater detail. And Recca and akualung, I haven't forgotten I owe both of you responses regarding two of those "other" games.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

This is still coming along. I'm probably about half way through the game now, but there is a LOT more overrun fixing I'm having to do than I expected. (Aretha 1 was also similar so it shouldn't surprise me. Although, Aretha II has a few other complications making it even slower.) Mainly what I'm trying to say is, this is slowing me more than I hoped it would but I'm putting in time as I can and I'm still pretty sure we'll be able to make the schedule I've got laid out which is to enter Beta in early to mid January if all goes well.

To my future beta testers. Please make sure you check the consult button quite often for overruns in case I forgot to check it at some point. I'm trying to remember to do it but I might have forgotten once or twice (or more.) Especially in the early going.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:31 am 
Site Admin

Aretha II project page slightly updated. I also fixed a couple other broken project pages and put the videos in frames.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:44 pm 

taskforce wrote:
I'm in the early stages of my final Alpha playthrough of Aretha II. It can be hard to find enough time strung together to get a lot of testing done right around the holidays sometimes. This will not be ready by Christmas, I'm sorry to say. However, I am moving along with it. I'd say it'll be out early next year at this point (early could mean February or March though.)

Eventually I'll need beta testers. I will say that my preference will be people who have beta tested for us in the past and have provided feedback that has helped us improve the game. If I'm lacking there, then I'll hit up others that might want in. Sorry to be this way, but it is annoying having half our beta testers not report a thing because they were just in it to play the game early. If you happen to be someone who worked well with us before, and are interested in beta, feel free to drop me a comment in this thread below. Or send a PM if you prefer.

I just wanna say if you need more beta testers I'm down for it! I never did that before, but I'm sure that I can contribute somehow. Not only in this project, but also the others in development.

I always apreciate the work of you guys and I always wanted to help and I think that this is the best way to do it since I don't know how to translate and etc. And another important thing is that I love play these classic JRPGs, so will be a wonderfull task =)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:35 pm 

I can give it a spin as well. Helped with the first one a while ago, and I imagine the second game is going to be quite fun as well. Up to you of course, but if you end up needing more testers, I'd love to help again with this one. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

MariusB: Glad to have you.

To all beta testers, might be a few extra days. Unfortunately, I got sick the day after Christmas. So, I'll get back to button up my last bits of Aretha II when I'm feeling better and get it in your hands. If the rest of the family (who has all had this junk and finally saw to it I got it is any indication), it takes a while to get over.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Just wanted to say, I've turned the game over to our beta team, thanks to you three for helping us improve this game.