Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Who was your favorite character in Villgust?
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:29 am 
Site Admin

Ah Villgust, such a nice light-hearted RPG. I had great fun playing this game and I'm really glad that it got translated. Well anyways, I'm curious, for those of you who have played this game, who was your favorite character? Personally, I thought that Shun and Yuta were very useful since they're both swordsmen who can also use magic. Though to be honest, I only really found healing magic to be useful. Enemies seem to use attack magic well, but for the player, it's not quite that good. Futhermore, it also costs a lot to buy.

By the way, what's up with that Villgust anime? I watched the first episode on youtube and thought that it was fantastic. However, when I checked for info about it on the web, I read that there are only two episodes. Is this true? If so, that sucks. I thought it was great...

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Post subject: Re: Who was your favorite character in Villgust?
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:37 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Ah Villgust, such a nice light-hearted RPG. I had great fun playing this game and I'm really glad that it got translated. Well anyways, I'm curious, for those of you who have played this game, who was your favorite character? Personally, I thought that Shun and Yuta were very useful since they're both swordsmen who can also use magic. Though to be honest, I only really found healing magic to be useful. Enemies seem to use attack magic well, but for the player, it's not quite that good. Futhermore, it also costs a lot to buy.

By the way, what's up with that Villgust anime? I watched the first episode on youtube and thought that it was fantastic. However, when I checked for info about it on the web, I read that there are only two episodes. Is this true? If so, that sucks. I thought it was great...
As always, I enjoyed the female chars on Shun's team the most, but that's because I adore women! As for anime production, TF is the expert in those matters.

Also, the world has an FC (NES) Villust translation, too, thanks to AnusP. BTW, AnusP... Where the hell are ya...!? I don't care if you have an engineering degree these days and are making six figures, raising kids, and all that... So are some of the rest of us, pal. So, get your talented ass back here and help us out, will-ya!!?

BTW, let me tell you all that when AnusP was a snot-nosed member of this community, he once wrote on Demi's board that he had "nack" for hacking.

Hey, AnusP, if you are lurk-reading my rant, did they teach you in college that "nack" is spelled k-n-a-c-k? As I said, hee-hee.........! You, too, Dark Force... We miss ya guys, dammit!!

Post subject: Re: Who was your favorite character in Villgust?
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

If you are asking who was my favorite, then it would be Ryukia no contest :D She certainly wasn't the most useful but she certainly was the most fun :D

Villgust the anime is only 2 eps. And they're based on the NES game not the SNES game. I couldn't say which came first for sure, the game or anime. I'm pretty sure it was the game that came first though. It was amazing that these games had a set of OVA's made for them in my opinion. I doubt it was a huge series over in Japan.

As for redoing Villgust into other languages. I can't reply at the moment, however I'll get you more info later today under the other typic. There are some hurdles that would need overcoming. I'll talk about them later.