Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A Video of the Ending of the Regular Game
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

The video below was done by Dragon's Den (http://www.woodus.com/den/games/tq1snes/ending.php).

Although I saw nowhere on their site they gave us credit for translating the game, I'll give them credit for doing the video, however, and having a nice-looking set of DDs in their logo.

The Regular ending to Taloon's Great Adventure is just the tip of the iceberg. This game is HUUUGGGEEE! The Bonus game goes down to level 99 and is much more challenging all the way around.

Yep, I love this game that Nick Reed, Necrosaro, Taskforce, Bongo`, Draken and I put together. We wrote this game in the style of NES DW-IV, long before the NDS people ruined the later release in so many ways. But for some reason, I'm getting into a Dragon Warrior kind of mood!

I reallllly wish we could fix the Intro and the title screen for this game and release V1.00!

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/taloon/tq1snes_end.wmv

Post subject: Re: A Video of the Ending of the Regular Game
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:29 pm 

I'm really bad at Roguelike games, but I'll try this one when I'm feeling suicidal haha.
Its good to see this sort of traded respect between the video poster and us, its the kind of attitude
the comunity as a whole needs, since videos are much more effective work showcases IMO than screenshots or reviews.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:20 am 

I've never gotten into these types of games. The closest I've come to something like this was perhaps Azure Dreams for the Playstation although I'm not sure how similar those 2 are. However the Dragon Quest tie-in makes me more curious to try it sometime.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:26 am 

I quite like Shiren also, same style of game, except with a samurai-ish kinda guy instead of Taloon. Yeah I'm a sucker for samurai stuff LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
I quite like Shiren also, same style of game, except with a samurai-ish kinda guy instead of Taloon. Yeah I'm a sucker for samurai stuff LOL.
I would have never figured that out!

Post subject: Re: iPhone exec departs Apple after -Antennagate
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

"Final" needs to be blocked.

final wrote:
Apple CEO Steve Jobs appears on stage during a news conference at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, California, July 16, 2010.
Credit: Reuters/Kimberly White

SAN FRANCISCO | Sat Aug 7, 2010 7:32pm EDT

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Mark Papermaster, the Apple executive in charge of iPhone engineering, has left the company weeks after the "Antennagate" controversy over complaints of poor reception on the company's latest smartphone.
Apple spokesman Steve Dowling confirmed Papermaster's exit and said Bob Mansfield is assuming his responsibilities. Dowling declined to provide a reason for the departure of the former IBM senior executive. mbt shoes
The news was first reported by the New York Times.
Apple released the iPhone 4 in June and it was an instant hit with consumers. But reports spread about bad reception when the device was held a certain way, and analysts warned that the company's reputation for quality was under threat. ed hardy clothing
The issue snowballed into a publicity crisis and Apple was forced to call a press conference to tackle the matter. Apple CEO Steve Jobs maintained there was nothing wrong with the iPhone 4, and that the reception problem was one shared by other smartphones.
Papermaster was not at the press conference on July 16. Mansfield, who will take over for him, now oversees Macintosh hardware engineering. louboutin shoes
"Mr. Mansfield already manages groups that create many of the key technologies for the iPhone and iPod touch, including the A4 chip, Retina display and touch screens," Dowling said.
Apple hired Papermaster in November of 2008, luring him away from IBM, where he had worked for 25 years. jordan shoes
IBM sued Papermaster after his departure, saying he agreed to avoid working for any competitor for a year.
A federal court initially barred Papermaster from working for Apple, but the lawsuit was eventually resolved and he began work for Apple in April of 2009.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:54 pm 

That and his posts deleted also.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:35 am 

I might be interested in helping you guys out with fixing what ever's buggy. All of hacking experience has been on the NES so far, but I am on the verge of producing my 30th translation for the system. Been considering working on other platforms and this might be a good opportunity to jump into SNES hacking. Let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:42 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
I might be interested in helping you guys out with fixing what ever's buggy. All of hacking experience has been on the NES so far, but I am on the verge of producing my 30th translation for the system. Been considering working on other platforms and this might be a good opportunity to jump into SNES hacking. Let me know.
Absolutely! With much appreciation.

I need a week or two to get something organized. What I will do is send you my whole TnD package, but I need to go through everything and weed out the superfluous. Then, I want to write down what I can remember about Necrosaro's work. For that, I will need to look through my e-mail archives and see if I kept some useful correspondence.

Bongo` and I started to work on the TnD title page some. I was hoping to finish that and tell him about the other needed fixes and see what he thought, then we got sort of sidetracked when he suddenly cracked Mystic Ark. Then, Slayers came along and captured our fancy!

I'll send you a D-D PM soon, Garrett, and thanks again! It's not really all that much to make this game 100%. TF and I did some nifty dungeon graphics hacks that haven't been released yet. I need to make sure I send you the most recent working ROM, too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:31 pm 

My pleasure. I figure you guys are working Bongo' so hard with crackin' games and fixing menu's that it'll be a long while before he could get to Taloon.