Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A Video of the Ending of the Regular Game
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:32 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
My pleasure. I figure you guys are working Bongo' so hard with crackin' games and fixing menu's that it'll be a long while before he could get to Taloon.
I am rounding up TnD materials now but will still need a few more days to dig through everything thoroughly. Gosh, we have 2001 tools! I will have the latest working English ROM (never released - 2009 updates with dungeon graphics), the remnants if not all of the components of Necrosaro's thingy-based inserter, table file, raw script, translated script, and any odds and ends I can find that might be useful. I will also list and describe as much as I know about the errata. I believe three tasks remain fixing things that are broken, plus a fourth job of a title page conversion, if possible.

The ROM was expanded from 1.5 to 2.0 megabits, BTW, and I believe the entire dump, dialogue, lists, and everything insert-able are all in one file.

Let's see:

1. The Intro broke when we did ASM to fix some menus in the dungeon.
2. An item in the Bonus game locks the game when we use it a certain way (I'll need to research this one again for specifics.)
3. The inserter seems to be broken, but I'll send you what I believe are all of the parts.
4. The title page conversion (maybe). It's both animated and compressed.

That's it, I believe, all we need finished for a V1.00.

Thanks again! I'll be contacting you soon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:17 am 

Quote:
Let's see:

2. An item in the Bonus game locks the game when we use it a certain way (I'll need to research this one again for specifics.)
3. The inserter seems to be broken, but I'll send you what I believe are all of the parts.

I played this game years ago when the .99 patch was release and I totally loved it. The patch was friggen brilliant, the font, the text, and the game iteself was great. But, I had one problem, it wouldn't work on my actual SNES using my Wildcard DX2 64. The original japanese worked fine, but not the translation. If I remember correctly, it locked up as soon as I tried to start a game. Anyway, I thought I should let you know this since you only listed these four things before making the game 1.00. I would be happy to check it out for you again and let you know exactly where it locks up and if you work on fixing it, I can try it out and let you know if your changes fix it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

DvD wrote:
Quote:
Let's see:

I played this game years ago when the .99 patch was release and I totally loved it. The patch was friggen brilliant, the font, the text, and the game iteself was great. But, I had one problem, it wouldn't work on my actual SNES using my Wildcard DX2 64. The original japanese worked fine, but not the translation. If I remember correctly, it locked up as soon as I tried to start a game. Anyway, I thought I should let you know this since you only listed these four things before making the game 1.00. I would be happy to check it out for you again and let you know exactly where it locks up and if you work on fixing it, I can try it out and let you know if your changes fix it.
A few years ago, I rigged an SNES9x emulator variant into a Game Cube and enjoyed it almost endlessly during my spare time for a few weeks (very addictive!). Of course, that's still not real hardware, per se. So, I want to try it on BSNES first and then my own SWC/DX2 setup. I'll get back to you with the results. BTW, Garrett has the TnD project right now, but he's been busy. I really want to get the TnD inserter going again, as I know of a few typos and such.

We're on hurricane watch here, so it may be a little while. First, an earthquake... Now, a hurricane... Phew!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:55 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
I want to try it on BSNES first and then my own SWC/DX2 setup. I'll get back to you with the results.
Ah, you have your own SWC, ok. Well, unless mine is defective, always a possibility, you should be able to see the same issue. And then, you won't need my help, as you'll be able to check it on your own.

I was thinking, though, that it must be really difficult to figure out what it causing the problem when it only has trouble on real hardware. It's not like you can run a debugger on it. On the SWC there's a hex viewer in real time mode, but it looks practically worthless. Of course, it could also be an issue caused by the wildcard itself. retrousb has a flashcart out now that didn't exist when I got the SWC. So, if you know someone with one of those, they could try it too with the .99 patch and rule out an issue with the Wildcard.
Wildbill wrote:
BTW, Garrett has the TnD project right now, but he's been busy. I really want to get the TnD inserter going again, as I know of a few typos and such.
As the head of one of the slowest 'groups' out there, DvD Translations, there is certainly no rush in my book! I was just chatting with Red Soul about the DD projects I have played, and he said I should let you know about this.
Wildbill wrote:
We're on hurricane watch here, so it may be a little while. First, an earthquake... Now, a hurricane... Phew!
Earthquake, you call that an earthquake? ;) Good luck with Irene though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:10 am 

Yeah, I dunno about TnD. I definitely think I could fix the intro. All I would need to do is familiarize myself with the pertinent hardware details, get comfortable with the debugging tools, and tap into some community resources and support. That said I picked up way too many new projects and am lacking in time and motivation to deal with them all. I also started hacking the GB, which I've made some decent progress several months ago. If anything, I can offer assistance with any of your GB projects if I can't make good with TnD as that's looking more likely at present.