Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mystic Ark V1.01 Universal on SNES (via Copier)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:14 am 
Site Admin

I stumbled onto my SWC-DX2 64 Mbit copier tonight and promptly hooked it up. (BTW, that's a Slayers cart in the copier.) I loaded MA V1.01 into the copier's memory via four floppy disks. If I can locate a 100 MB zip disk, the operations of playing patched games and dumping SFC carts will be much simpler.)

Taskforce's MA font was designed for playing on a real TV. The Sony snap doesn't do it justice but we can all see it's quite readable on a 37" wide screen. Here are the results of the MA load:

Post subject: Re: Mystic Ark V1.01 Universal on SNES (via Copier)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 pm 

It does look awesome on real hardware indeed, but I had no doubt it would since TFs font work is top notch.
Pair that with the universal patch we are going to release and it will be a fine crowning to all the effort we put into MA.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Looking nice, WB! I always like seeing our work on the real things ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:52 am 
Site Admin

It's looking great! The resolution on the monitor is a little unclear, but aside from that, the game looks very nice on real hardware.
Taskforce's font is very well done! It looks very good on an actually TV screen! I tip my hat to you guys and on your fine project!

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:45 am 

Wildbill, has there been any updates on the v 1.01 patch, my brother wants to play but I told him he might want to wait until the new version comes out.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:15 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Wildbill, has there been any updates on the v 1.01 patch, my brother wants to play but I told him he might want to wait until the new version comes out.

I've been waiting to hear back from Jer. He was in Chapter 7 two weeks ago. Latch onto this for him and let me know when you have it.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/mysticark ... 1_beta.zip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:17 am 

I let him know about the patch so hopefully he will download it soon. I'll let you know if he has any problems or perhaps he could just come on this board himself (hint hint if he is reading this). I'm not sure what emulator he will use, he has an older computer so I'm guessing bsnes will kind of lag. Since the patch is already kind of out, I think you should just put it up on this site and RHDN and get bug reports from anyone especially since Jer didn't turn up too many problems in what he did go over.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:51 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
I let him know about the patch so hopefully he will download it soon. I'll let you know if he has any problems or perhaps he could just come on this board himself (hint hint if he is reading this). I'm not sure what emulator he will use, he has an older computer so I'm guessing bsnes will kind of lag. Since the patch is already kind of out, I think you should just put it up on this site and RHDN and get bug reports from anyone especially since Jer didn't turn up too many problems in what he did go over.

I am 99.99% this is the final MA version. I have already played some of it on a real SNES, so anything that doesn't work in a given emulator is a different issue. Thing is, when Bongo` changed the VWF architecture to make it universal, the English MA ROM became very fragile. Changing a semicolon to a comma in the insertion program can (but does not necessarily) crash it. Therefore, since the game appears really "clean" now, I see no reason to tinker with the storyline further. Heh, "finished" novelists should have something like this that forces us to set down a manuscript and start marketing the darned thing!

Therefore, I don't care how many people grab this link. I'm willing to wait on your brother to finish it now for an "official" release. Also, he is much better off playing this one than V1.00 'cause we "fixed" everything. I also need to reverse direction, review, and release RS's upgrade to Feda. Shoot, Slayers and HHS are starting to captivate my immediate attention. Seems I would much rather work on new material than old.

BTW, Slayers is swinging right along. Matt's (Filler's) good words are highly encouraging. I'm just not talkin' 'bout Slayers very much 'cause I just got his feedback up to Atlas City last Sunday night. I'm approaching the 20% point. I believe that Slayers may blow some RPG-lovers socks off who never saw it coming. It's a definite sleeper for me that's got me all fired up now!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I believe that Slayers may blow some RPG-lovers socks off who never saw it coming. It's a definite sleeper for me that's got me all fired up now!

Heh. That's how I feel about Chaos Seed right now :geek: