Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SylarDean's Spot-Check!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:25 pm 

This will serve as a posting errors, mistakes found in Mystic Ark that need to be looked at.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Last edited by SylarDean on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SylarDean's Spot-Check!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Okay so i'll post problems I find in here, obviously previous problems are posted else where...

SO! world 4.. Some Ratwood text needs to be changed...

and HERE is my reasoning.. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coon

I'm pretty sure you don't want a race row on your hands and all over your awesome work.
English words and "slanguage" frequently have multiple meanings. Although today is the age of the over-sensitive and easily offended pampered generation, some of whom appear to be obsessed with constantly searching for opportunities to find fault with virtually anything that exists, my venerable self will not be lured into that ignorant abyss. Nevertheless, I will read any opinions people choose to express.

For the record, the demographic that might obsess over this was probably not born when we penned this. It's a Southern or country-ese expression, and here is what it actually means and how it was derived perhaps a 150 years ago from country folks of all races. Also, "coon" is used interchangeably with "raccoon" in rustic circles everywhere.

Pasted from other sources- Coons age: A period of time that denotes a long while has elapsed. Ex. "Johnny, I haven't see you in a coon's age, How the hell are you?"

Normally raccoons live roughly 5-6 years in the wild. However, once in awhile you will find a big grizzly one that is about 15-16 years old. This my friends, is what you call a "coon's age".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:06 pm 

Oh wow, didn't mean to upset you Wildbill, dunno why but I get the feeling I have with reporting this to you guys. I just thought that if I picked up on that then NO doubt others will, your explanation is very clear to me, as I thought that was probably where you were heading with that sentence but being brought up in a multicultural area I thought I had better give my view on that, as YES! people this day and age DO literally take things over the top when it comes to racism. It now seems to me that my post was a stupid mistake, i'll remove it.. last thing I want is animosity between me and D-D.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Oh wow, didn't mean to upset you Wildbill, dunno why but I get the feeling I have with reporting this to you guys. I just thought that if I picked up on that then NO doubt others will, your explanation is very clear to me, as I thought that was probably where you were heading with that sentence but being brought up in a multicultural area I thought I had better give my view on that, as YES! people this day and age DO literally take things over the top when it comes to racism. It now seems to me that my post was a stupid mistake, i'll remove it.. last thing I want is animosity between me and D-D.
Relax, SylarDean, we still love ya!

And don't remove the post. I want anyone and everyone to see that we're wholly transparent when it comes to openly discussing any matter that arises.

As for me, I tend to go out of my way to be politically incorrect in affairs that assault my common sense. However, I often forget that many people haven't been living in this world long enough to overcome exposure to those in the educational system who are dedicated to brainwashing students, discouraging them from thinking for themselves, and attempting to turn the free world into a totalitarian society. These people who have seized control of many of our schools, in their relentless indoctrination methods, hold the keys to grades in those institutions and possibly future advancement opportunities in a number of career fields. Indeed, we are living in dangerous times.

I apologize for phrasing my response in a manner that may have caused you temporary discomfort.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:31 am 

Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
...However, I often forget that many people haven't been living in this world long enough to overcome exposure to those in the educational system who are dedicated to brainwashing students, discouraging them from thinking for themselves, and attempting to turn the free world into a totalitarian society. These people who have seized control of many of our schools, in their relentless indoctrination methods, hold the keys to grades in those institutions and possibly future advancement opportunities in a number of career fields. Indeed, we are living in dangerous times.

That's the spirit! I like what you're thinking! But fortunately many children possibly do not know how to offend their teachers/authorities - because too young minds, still developing. So by the time they're proper adults they're well past the education system and away from the education masters, etc... and will tend to privately think things to themselves. People can read things and listen to news sources for themselves and form their own opinions on it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

ObiKKa wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
...However, I often forget that many people haven't been living in this world long enough to overcome exposure to those in the educational system who are dedicated to brainwashing students, discouraging them from thinking for themselves, and attempting to turn the free world into a totalitarian society. These people who have seized control of many of our schools, in their relentless indoctrination methods, hold the keys to grades in those institutions and possibly future advancement opportunities in a number of career fields. Indeed, we are living in dangerous times.

That's the spirit! I like what you're thinking! But fortunately many children possibly do not know how to offend their teachers/authorities - because too young minds, still developing. So by the time they're proper adults they're well past the education system and away from the education masters, etc... and will tend to privately think things to themselves. People can read things and listen to news sources for themselves and form their own opinions on it.
Yep, unless we fall under the yoke of a government that censors free expression and starts imprisoning those who disagree with its dictatorial policies concerning speech. It's happened this way in many societies throughout history.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

Amen to that, Wildbill! I agree with you entirely on that. I've never really been the "rebel" type of person or anything, but enough is enough. Governments all over the world have started becoming far too obsessed with controlling every little aspect of people's lives. We can't even speak or think freely anymore without being persecuted by what I call the "Modern Liberal Political Correctness Inquisition", or "MLPCI" for short. :lol:

But seriously though, the world is becoming a lot like the Big Brother society from that old sci-fi book. Nothing can even be said anymore without having someone taking offense to it somehow. Meanwhile, real criminals who actually are causing chaos are getting away with it while the authorities waste time chasing down harmless people who are merely voicing their opinions. Anyways, I don't want to get to carried away with this. I just wanted to leave a short comment on this topic.

And one last thing. This isn't addressed to anyone here, but rather to those morons who drop stupid posts on youtube. There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing old ROMs from the 80's and 90's! Have you ever heard of abandonware? It generally takes effect ten years after a product or software has been taken off the market and is no longer being supported (discontinued). Most of these games are more than twenty years old! Not only are they incredibly hard to find these days along with the original consoles/handhelds, but most people that are selling them, are asking for very unreasonably high prices for mostly used copies. A person who tries to pirate for the purpose of selling said thing is a criminal. Those who freely distribute abandonware games for the sake of preserving the memory of them are heroes. Never forget this. Playing decade old games on your computer is not a sin nor a moral crime as long as you don't try to sell it or claim it as your own original creation. Others simply don't earn enough money to purchase new games or just prefer playing older ones instead. And I don't think that it would be fair to deny said people any joy in life. Besides, a lot of these older games really are better!

Damn, and there I go again... Okay, this is it, I promise! Anyways, here's a useful article to read:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:19 pm 

Recca wrote:
Amen to that, Wildbill! I agree with you entirely on that. I've never really been the "rebel" type of person or anything, but enough is enough. Governments all over the world have started becoming far too obsessed with controlling every little aspect of people's lives. We can't even speak or think freely anymore without being persecuted by what I call the "Modern Liberal Political Correctness Inquisition", or "MLPCI" for short. :lol:

But seriously though, the world is becoming a lot like the Big Brother society from that old sci-fi book. Nothing can even be said anymore without having someone taking offense to it somehow. Meanwhile, real criminals who actually are causing chaos are getting away with it while the authorities waste time chasing down harmless people who are merely voicing their opinions. Anyways, I don't want to get to carried away with this. I just wanted to leave a short comment on this topic.

And one last thing. This isn't addressed to anyone here, but rather to those morons who drop stupid posts on youtube. There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing old ROMs from the 80's and 90's! Have you ever heard of abandonware? It generally takes effect ten years after a product or software has been taken off the market and is no longer being supported (discontinued). Most of these games are more than twenty years old! Not only are they incredibly hard to find these days along with the original consoles/handhelds, but most people that are selling them, are asking for very unreasonably high prices for mostly used copies. A person who tries to pirate for the purpose of selling said thing is a criminal. Those who freely distribute abandonware games for the sake of preserving the memory of them are heroes. Never forget this. Playing decade old games on your computer is not a sin nor a moral crime as long as you don't try to sell it or claim it as your own original creation. Others simply don't earn enough money to purchase new games or just prefer playing older ones instead. And I don't think that it would be fair to deny said people any joy in life. Besides, a lot of these older games really are better!

Damn, and there I go again... Okay, this is it, I promise! Anyways, here's a useful article to read:

Yes, amen, right on, man! Yes, that is true! As for your latter comment, for relevance I have seen one article a few days ago which has rather pleased me! It was that over 2000 Amiga computer games have now finally been made playable for free online thanks to one group! Now that will make it rather easier for any enthusiast to boot up and play these games rather than trying to set up one of the Amiga emulators, which are probably a bit fairly more complicated than your average console emulator. Even this would serve as a good way to test an Amiga game that you're not sure of before wishing to play it further elsewhere, whether it be a good emulator or a proper Amiga computer.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/9/124106 ... et-archive
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1582293 ... ee-online/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:34 am 

ObiKKa wrote:
Recca wrote:

Yes, amen, right on, man! Yes, that is true! As for your latter comment, for relevance I have seen one article a few days ago which has rather pleased me! It was that over 2000 Amiga computer games have now finally been made playable for free online thanks to one group! Now that will make it rather easier for any enthusiast to boot up and play these games rather than trying to set up one of the Amiga emulators, which are probably a bit fairly more complicated than your average console emulator. Even this would serve as a good way to test an Amiga game that you're not sure of before wishing to play it further elsewhere, whether it be a good emulator or a proper Amiga computer.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/9/124106 ... et-archive
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1582293 ... ee-online/

LMAO! you dont half pop up in weird locations to post stuff.. lol

Spoiler! :