Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Where's the development room?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:41 pm 

Wildbill mentioned in an old post that there is a dev room in the game, but didn't provide specifics:

Quote:
One of the blocks contained a significant amount of dialogue from a secret chamber the developers created for their own conversations. This feature was not accessible to gamers, but Bongo` managed to crack it open, and he gave us a code that allowed us to walk through a locked door in the final scenario. Inside, we could talk to programmers, developers, and other people involved in the Japanese project, and one fellow represented the author of the Lennus series.

Does anyone know where exactly is this door located and the code to enter it?

Post subject: Re: Where's the development room?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:19 am 

ReyVGM wrote:
Wildbill mentioned in an old post that there is a dev room in the game, but didn't provide specifics:

Quote:
One of the blocks contained a significant amount of dialogue from a secret chamber the developers created for their own conversations. This feature was not accessible to gamers, but Bongo` managed to crack it open, and he gave us a code that allowed us to walk through a locked door in the final scenario. Inside, we could talk to programmers, developers, and other people involved in the Japanese project, and one fellow represented the author of the Lennus series.

Does anyone know where exactly is this door located and the code to enter it?

I looked all over the net for that room also and where to find it BUT couldnt find ANYTHING! I DID find htese though at TCRF's website.

https://tcrf.net/Lennus_II

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:27 am 

That's the debug menu, not the dev room.

I did use the map option to warp to every room in the game, but I still didn't land on the dev room. However, since I don't know how it's called, I might have warped to it and didn't know what it was or maybe it looked like a regular house or dungeon and I didn't recognize it.

If I had a name or a screenshot I might find it myself.

*edit*
Could it be that door on the left?

It's on the final scenario, it's closed and it doesn't seem it can be opened.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:14 pm 

Found it at last!!

The door is found in Hammond Hill during the ending. Normally, it's the door that leads to the sewers, but in the ending the door is locked and if you use Game Genie code C227-5D21 (done by Nolberto from Gamehacking.org), the door will open and you'll access the dev room.

Since the room looks like a normal residence, I missed it when using the debug map mode. However, it is accessible by selecting Map 1E5H.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:02 am 
Site Admin

Geez ReyVGM! You aren't giving me much time to look up the information for you before you go and answer your questions all by yourself! :D

I apologize for being so slow on getting back to you in regards to these great questions you've been asking here on the board. It's been REALLY busy at work. My job has changed a lot since last month, and the adjustment period is taking a toll on me. I haven't even been able to proofread a readme for Taskforce, yet!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:54 am 

well, duh! of course i know it's the debug menu and not exactly what you were looking for, I just posted that as it's something else interesting that's hidden without using codes to gain access to it.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:58 pm 

This is a really good find. Perhaps you can post some small screenshots of that room here or elsewhere (eg. Mobygames)? This thread is worth memorizing to check into in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:29 pm 

Draken wrote:
Geez ReyVGM! You aren't giving me much time to look up the information for you before you go and answer your questions all by yourself! :D

I apologize for being so slow on getting back to you in regards to these great questions you've been asking here on the board. It's been REALLY busy at work. My job has changed a lot since last month, and the adjustment period is taking a toll on me. I haven't even been able to proofread a readme for Taskforce, yet!

Sorry, I found it completely by accident. I needed a locked door to test the code (since it's supposed to work for any door), and I already tested the door posted above. I had a save at the ending and I remembered there are several locked/blocked doors, so I tried the one in the middle and asgsafgaff, I hit the jackpot.

SylarDean wrote:
well, duh! of course i know it's the debug menu and not exactly what you were looking for, I just posted that as it's something else interesting that's hidden without using codes to gain access to it.

Thanks, but I didn't mean it with disrespect.

ObiKKa wrote:
This is a really good find. Perhaps you can post some small screenshots of that room here or elsewhere (eg. Mobygames)? This thread is worth memorizing to check into in the future.

I documented it here with a couple of pics:
https://tcrf.net/Lennus_II#Development_Room