Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Difference between the Lennus 1.2 and 1.4 patches?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:12 am 

I noticed the 1.4 patch says "Monster Fix". I want to know the exact difference between the 1.2 and 1.4 patches for testing purposes since no matter which patch I use there is no version info in the hack credits

Post subject: Re: Difference between the Lennus 1.2 and 1.4 patches?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I think a better job could have been done of creating an update log in the readme instead of just replacing the version number and date. To be perfectly honest with you, I can't remember for the life of me what the update was for... Although 5 years may not seem like that long ago, I have almost no memory of what the patch updates were even for... If anything, this particular one was to "correct" some errors in monster names. I do recall that a lot of the monster names were just "made up" Japanese words, which I took a lot of liberty with when editing/inserting. I "think" that I remember going back over some of the names and changing them after the release... Perhaps that is what this update was for.

If you are worried about dramatic script changes between V1.02 and 1.04, I don't think there is really any difference between the two.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:14 pm 

Hmm. Do you think you can provide me with the information on which tool was used to change things in the game such as text? Maybe I can make a read me for you guys..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:24 am 
Site Admin

All of the tools we use are made in-house by the great Bongo` ;)

Edit: After checking through my thousands of e-mails again, I found the one that talked about the change to 1.04. At the time, Wildbill and I were working in tandem on the project and regularly sharing new files back-and-forth. I had given him a file that contained updated monster edits, but it unfortunately got overlooked and didn't make it into the final patch. I didn't realise this until sometime later, and that's when we created the 1.04 patch :) I hope this clears things up.