Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Writing a blog series on this game
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:56 am 

Heya,

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys for the awesome translation. Back in 1997 I would have jumped through a hoop of fire to play this game (I was a big PQ fan). It's great to finally see it all these years later.

I'm writing a blog series on this game over the next couple of weeks, as I play the game for the first time. Planning on it being a 5-7 part series. I've already written the first two parts and part three will likely be done later this weekend. I figured "why not link this to the guys who translated it?" since I talk about the translation quite a bit.

http://www.coronajumper.com/search/label/Paladin%27s%20Quest

It'd be awesome to get comments from Wildbill and the Magic Destiny crew, as well as the Lennus 2 fanbase in general.

Thanks again, guys.

JD

Edit: That link also takes you to my Paladin's Quest series, which I did as a lead-up to starting my playthrough of Lennus 2. Sooner or later (possibly next year) I'll do a series for 7th Saga/Mystic Ark, too.

Post subject: Re: Writing a blog series on this game
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

CoronaJumper wrote:
Heya,

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys for the awesome translation. Back in 1997 I would have jumped through a hoop of fire to play this game (I was a big PQ fan). It's great to finally see it all these years later.

I'm writing a blog series on this game over the next couple of weeks, as I play the game for the first time. Planning on it being a 5-7 part series. I've already written the first two parts and part three will likely be done later this weekend. I figured "why not link this to the guys who translated it?" since I talk about the translation quite a bit.

http://www.coronajumper.com/search/label/Paladin%27s%20Quest

It'd be awesome to get comments from Wildbill and the Magic Destiny crew, as well as the Lennus 2 fanbase in general.

Thanks again, guys.

JD

Edit: That link also takes you to my Paladin's Quest series, which I did as a lead-up to starting my playthrough of Lennus 2. Sooner or later (possibly next year) I'll do a series for 7th Saga/Mystic Ark, too.

Looks good. Keep up the great work. Seems like you are having fun. Anyone a fan
of "The Nature Boy Ric Flair" is a friend of mine. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 pm 

Just finished Part 3 of the series. It ends with me about to head for Cameron to take on Gilray Zork.

In this episode I got Nikita and Iris, two characters that I'll probably keep around for my final team (we'll see).

http://www.coronajumper.com/2012/11/lennus-ii-part-3-hoodwinking-of-farus.html

More to come in the next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 am 
Site Admin

What a nice trip down memory lane :) It has been so long since I've played that game.
I hope you're reading these Bongo`, seeing as how you never play any of the games we releases :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
What a nice trip down memory lane :) It has been so long since I've played that game.
I hope you're reading these Bongo`, seeing as how you never play any of the games we releases :lol:

I know. It's almost like playing the game myself. How about this. I am actually playing a game ( 2 ). Finally finishing adventure mode on Metroid Prime: Hunters DS and then I will be playing Metroid 3 Corruption for Wii. Still no RPGs or any of our releases. I did finish FEDA BEFORE WE did it though. Not sure that counts. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:43 am 

Just finished Part 4.

http://www.coronajumper.com/2012/11/lennus-2-part-4-dragon-dragon-rock.html

The game seems to slow down quite a bit in the middle. Some of the Seal hunts are fetch quest city. Check it out.

Parts 5 and 6 (and 7, if necessary) will be along in the next two weeks or so. The end is drawing near...I think.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:46 am 

Bongo` wrote:
Draken wrote:

I know. It's almost like playing the game myself. How about this. I am actually playing a game ( 2 ). Finally finishing adventure mode on Metroid Prime: Hunters DS and then I will be playing Metroid 3 Corruption for Wii. Still no RPGs or any of our releases. I did finish FEDA BEFORE WE did it though. Not sure that counts. :)

Metroid Prime 3 is a real treat. I really liked that game. Only got to play it once (borrowed it) unlike my multiple playings of the other two games. Hunters is... interesting. It wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable for me, but it's a good lead-in for MP3 given that it introduces the mercs. We need a new Metroid game... a GOOD one, not another Other M.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 am 
Site Admin

CoronaJumper wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
Draken wrote:

Metroid Prime 3 is a real treat. I really liked that game. Only got to play it once (borrowed it) unlike my multiple playings of the other two games. Hunters is... interesting. It wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable for me, but it's a good lead-in for MP3 given that it introduces the mercs. We need a new Metroid game... a GOOD one, not another Other M.

Yeah, i just finished MP:H and may consider starting up on MP:3. We shall see...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 pm 

Just finished Part 5 of the series:

http://www.coronajumper.com/2012/12/lennus-2-part-5-smoky-netherscape.html

I'm about to go to Lennus now. Really looking forward to the rest of the game, but with finals and various holiday stuff going on, finishing the game may have to wait until after the New Year. Probably going to do two more posts, if what I'm reading about how far along I am (75%?) is correct.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:50 am 
Site Admin

75% is probably an accurate assessment of your current progress. I'm glad to see that you're still enjoying the game. It certainly is a long one!

Good luck with your finals, and Happy Holidays!