Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hidden Shop?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:48 am 

Edit Never mind i finally found it good lord that was insane I hit every freakin wall but 1 spot.

Walkthroughs I read up on Gamefaqs were flawed certainly not in the 2nd district.

/Resumes enjoying the game

whew.....That'll add a few grey hairs down the road lol

Edit: Upon editing the post when I found it later I noticed that it was flagged as a spoiler. Not sure how a hidden shop is concidered a spoiler in the storyline but my aplogizes I supppse ;)

Great translation keep up the good work. Look forward to comparing the differences once I finish the game.

Post subject: Re: Hidden Shop?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

It's been a while since I've played the game, so I'm kind of wondering what secret shop you're referring to...!

Be sure to use the "spoiler" tags ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

Spoilers aren't meant for just story related content. Hidden items and their locations are certainly considered spoilers. Some people don't want to be given information on those things.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:09 am 

Spoiler! :
There is a hidden shop in GLOUCESTER. This shop contains weapons you can buy for Nikita (who I hear is the most powerful character in the game once you outfit her with these weapons, I stopped after finding the weapon so I'll let you know what I think. Though based what I've read in the forums, everyone uses Nikita in the their party setup.

Location: This shop is located in the 1st District right by the entrance to the town. It's located in the bottom armor shop thats connected up stairs at the left most wall. Walkthroughs we're so limited and frustrating and no one was really *clear* how to find this which why it took me so long to find it.

taskforce wrote:
Spoilers aren't meant for just story related content. Hidden items and their locations are certainly considered spoilers. Some people don't want to be given information on those things.

To me spoilers always have been about story line, a movie, a game, or anything else never 'ruined it for me completely' unless it was a really cool unlock able [such as a hidden character], but in most games you'll usually get this content after finishing the game/conclusion of the story itself. Now if you're the type of player that doesn't like any type of challenge to be spoiled then I can see how it could be read that way. My original question didn't really LOOK like a spoiler because it was unconfirmed question/rumor. Now if my answer (if I didn't find eventually ugh) was masked that I could understand, when I found it gave me more of that omg feeling rather than the I feel accomplished feeling, Enix did their homework that place was very well concealed! I read up about the Assassin weapon in another area the forums it wasn't masked so I didn't think that my question was spoiler alert lol :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:41 am 
Site Admin

There are anal fans out there (sometimes me included but not always) that just don't like to have secrets spilled.
Spoiler! :
Yes you didn't know the exact location of the secret passage, but you knew that there was one.
I know its a bit anal to say this information is a spoiler but for an RPG playing purist, it definitely is. The type of guy that only feels accomplished finding and doing everything for himself. The kind of guy that avoids all faqs and all information possible so that they get the absolute most possible enjoyment out of a game. Believe me, there are a lot of these kinds of players. So, sorry if it seemed a bit excessive, but I hope you understand my reasoning. Now you might say, why would this guy be reading the forum? I don't know, but it could happen :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:07 am 

Yeah I def agree on that I'm a purist prob to a point because when I got stuck and try to look up key information to get a general hint or the answer itself when I gave up, a walk through or even a post will give out MORE information that you really needed and usually thats story line based thus ruining the game. We've had that problem in our FF11 linkshell when a person asked for advice or help, a person would give out more info they needed to and kinda ruined the experience.

Spoiler! :
Actually I wasn't sure if there was a real shop. This forum site didn't mention it, and there is a play through on youtube a guy doing the english translated version (actually yours since he talks to the easter egg NPCS in the Bar Bongo and the rest) but he didn't goto the secret passage. Walkthroughs weren't specific and this title was never released to the US and since this is downloaded game I wasn't sure if I had an 'edited rom' or what since that's the risk you take when you download outside roms. So I was like is someone pulling my chain or is this shop really legit? lol xD