Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Polock
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 am 

Ok, I actually found Polock in Sergio. But apparently, if you dismiss him you can't get him back. At least not on Lennus. I try to hire him and it says, [Farus summoned Polock... But "nothin happened!]. My question is: how do you get him back? Can you ever go back to Eltz?

By the way, I used brackets instead of quotations to show you guys had an odd-placed quotation mark. And of course there's "nothin", unless that was intended.

A question AND an error report in one post, both topic related. lol

Post subject: Re: Polock
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:25 am 

Swordmaster wrote:
Can you ever go back to Eltz?

Oh... Nevermind....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:00 am 

One more question. Since I figured out the only way to get Polock back is to find it the same way as before. Hire and Summon Tavern don't work on it. So my question is this: aside from Demon's Ring and Gold Clogs, what else can it equip? Does anyone know?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:
One more question. Since I figured out the only way to get Polock back is to find it the same way as before. Hire and Summon Tavern don't work on it. So my question is this: aside from Demon's Ring and Gold Clogs, what else can it equip? Does anyone know?
I never played a game in which I found him/it. My only suggestion is to go back to Sergio and see if he returned to the same spot. I guess it's been about five years since I played L-II. I was rather hoping that someone would write an updated FAQ by now. Unfortunately, most of the secrets people found during the first year of release were scattered around on the old WWW board.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:38 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Swordmaster wrote:
I never played a game in which I found him/it. My only suggestion is to go back to Sergio and see if he returned to the same spot. I guess it's been about five years since I played L-II. I was rather hoping that someone would write an updated FAQ by now. Unfortunately, most of the secrets people found during the first year of release were scattered around on the old WWW board.

Spoiler! :
The game's one secret mercenary can be found in Sergio's tavern. Polock, who
is a round, orange fish-like being, is sitting at the lower-left table about
one in every thirty times you enter the tavern - if you want to find him, enter
and leave over and over again until he's there.

Credit/found it on this guys FAQ http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/563031-lennus-ii-fuuin-no-shito/faqs/63560

If he's not there just exit the tavern and re-enter (not exit the entire town). He showed up on try #23. Weird little fellow. I don't know if I want to hire him, his stats seems like it would break the game lol. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

Ultimacj wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Swordmaster wrote:

Spoiler! :
The game's one secret mercenary can be found in Sergio's tavern. Polock, who
is a round, orange fish-like being, is sitting at the lower-left table about
one in every thirty times you enter the tavern - if you want to find him, enter
and leave over and over again until he's there.

Credit/found it on this guys FAQ http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/563031-lennus-ii-fuuin-no-shito/faqs/63560

If he's not there just exit the tavern and re-enter (not exit the entire town). He showed up on try #23. Weird little fellow. I don't know if I want to hire him, his stats seems like it would break the game lol. Hope this helps.
Whoa, I didn't know someone had done a walkthrough based on our translation! Ritchie's FAQ was our main reference during production.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 pm 

There's also a play it through / let's play on youtube. He does your translation version I believe.
(I saw the Easter egg of Bongo and other developers in that tavern scene -I loved it, not often you see developers do that, made me chuckle. Well done! Chrono Trigger was famous for it on its mulitpule endings thing)