Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What was your final party in Lennus 2?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:33 pm 

Wait..I did not find Rich Jr to be that great. Did I miss something?

He ended up in my final party, but did not seem to shine. I will have to load my save file to see the other two people I had.

I loved this game, but found, at least in my exp. there was not as much of a variety of magic as other snes games. Or was that just me?

Did you guys translate this or did someone else? Because it was very good, flawless really.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:36 am 

DoubleDvideogames wrote:

Give him Gomutai, give Farus Death Slasher. Very powerful. Also, Polock with Gold Clogs. That was my final party. Last character was Iris spamming Life Corsage, but I don't recommend her. I just happened to have that party because they were in the lowest level. I have a bad habit of building up all characters evenly. So my final party was level 30 or less, with Farus almost level 40.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:20 am 
Site Admin

DoubleDvideogames wrote:

He ended up in my final party, but did not seem to shine. I will have to load my save file to see the other two people I had.

I loved this game, but found, at least in my exp. there was not as much of a variety of magic as other snes games. Or was that just me?

Did you guys translate this or did someone else? Because it was very good, flawless really.
Three or four translators on the team did the various blocks for us, and we put everything together and localized it (wrote the story). Without Bongo`'s assembly work, we wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

I'm trying to recall my favorite party at the end: Farus, Nikita, Iris, and Joynus, I believe. Rich Jr. had a sword, if I recall (Gomutai?), that caused decent damage and kept him healed at the same time. The magic was adequate but not as diverse as a Final Fantasy game. Actually, magic and Spirit-maxing seemed to be the key for me, as physical (weapon) attacks were less effective. But the hardest battle in the game for me was Boozoo, zoooooooooo...!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:37 am 

Wildbill wrote:
But the hardest battle in the game for me was Boozoo, zoooooooooo...!

Believe it or not, I never took any damage fighting Boozoo. Cast Grava every round, he'll never hit you. I can see how it could've been difficult, though. Half the time my poor summoned monster took 9999 damage. Ouch! And yeah, Gomutai heals a pretty good amount on each attack. I would love to get a hold of more than one of those. Doesn't Combiner drop it? I never got one. And I fought a lot of those, too. By the way, the developers of the game must not expect you to get many more levels than around 40 or so. It's like Breath of Fire all over again. Have you ever tried to get to max level on that game? I used to have a copy of the game I would make myself play a little every day. At least 1 level each time. I think I made it to around level 70-80 for each character. The amount of time involved for that is astronomical. I kinda wish that game kept track of time like most RPGs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
But the hardest battle in the game for me was Boozoo, zoooooooooo...!

Believe it or not, I never took any damage fighting Boozoo. Cast Grava every round, he'll never hit you. I can see how it could've been difficult, though. Half the time my poor summoned monster took 9999 damage. Ouch! And yeah, Gomutai heals a pretty good amount on each attack. I would love to get a hold of more than one of those. Doesn't Combiner drop it? I never got one. And I fought a lot of those, too. By the way, the developers of the game must not expect you to get many more levels than around 40 or so. It's like Breath of Fire all over again. Have you ever tried to get to max level on that game? I used to have a copy of the game I would make myself play a little every day. At least 1 level each time. I think I made it to around level 70-80 for each character. The amount of time involved for that is astronomical. I kinda wish that game kept track of time like most RPGs.
Oh, wow! You thought of a Boozoo strategy no one's mentioned before.

And yes, I came up with two Gomutai swords legitimately in one of the six times I played, but how, I can't recall. As I mentioned in another post, Lennus-II has several secret places, rare items, and random incidents - triggered by who-knows-what? A secret hiding place behind a wall in the final village contains a Boozoo-like character who doesn't attack but only talks about the game. What I do remember is how exciting it was to wind down our work and prepare for release. It's really gratifying that hardcore RPG players are still discovering and enjoying our patch to this gem several years later.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:43 pm 

I can see why everyone uses Nikita, after getting her weapon... holy crap! Even without attack up spell casted
she hits like a school bus! Haven't finished the game yet (have 4 out 8 seals) right now it's Hero, Bo, Jenka, and Nikita. Thinking about Iris (heh she reminds me of Luifa II), but shes got expensive tastes but she has some great spells.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:15 am 

Polock, Nikika, and Joynus.

I want to say to the team thank you for giving me the opportunity to play Paladins Quest II "Lennus II". I remember seeing this game several years ago as a ROM but sadly it was in Japanese and I couldn't play it. When I stumbled onto this site, I was over joyed I could play this game after patching it.

PQ V PQ2

Difficulty: With the exception of the urge to use save states, PQ2 wasn't as difficult vs PQ in terms of combat. Not as long either, but all bosses and fights gave a great challenge. I guess I got lucky with the infamous Boozooo hooo zooooo! Fight as after casting Speed up and Grava, my characters went first all the time but I can see him being a vicious boss. Belts gave me the most problems when it came to the four angels. Suppose the hardest fight for me was the machine fight prior to fighting Gilary Zork. Managing healing wasn't as tedious as it was in the first one.

Sound: Hard to pin this one. PQ2 had a lot of great jingles. I think PQI had a better combat music but PQ2 nailed it better in other departments.

Control: No problems with either games to my knowledge

Storyline:
Spoiler! :
PQI had a straight forward storyline, you caused a crisis, now avert it. Where PQII had more 'emotion' to it. Were as you know who the screwed you over, and you, as the player, were determined to take him down! While PQ1 had a more bad guy just wants to rule the world; PQ2 had bad guy wants to blow up the world.

Graphics: PQI showed the unique style of graphics I've never seen before. PQII was toned down a bit but still showed out pretty well.

Stablity: PQ2 was stable throughout the game, I noticed no bugs, unusual menu glitches, and such. I had save problems at times, so I used save states for the most part.

Overall I give this game 4.5/5,0 for its time

Thank you once again for letting me play this game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

Ultimacj wrote:
Polock, Nikika, and Joynus.

I want to say to the team thank you for giving me the opportunity to play Paladins Quest II "Lennus II". I remember seeing this game several years ago as a ROM but sadly it was in Japanese and I couldn't play it. When I stumbled onto this site, I was over joyed I could play this game after patching it.

PQ V PQ2

Difficulty: With the exception of the urge to use save states, PQ2 wasn't as difficult vs PQ in terms of combat. Not as long either, but all bosses and fights gave a great challenge. I guess I got lucky with the infamous Boozooo hooo zooooo! Fight as after casting Speed up and Grava, my characters went first all the time but I can see him being a vicious boss. Belts gave me the most problems when it came to the four angels. Suppose the hardest fight for me was the machine fight prior to fighting Gilary Zork. Managing healing wasn't as tedious as it was in the first one.

Sound: Hard to pin this one. PQ2 had a lot of great jingles. I think PQI had a better combat music but PQ2 nailed it better in other departments.

Control: No problems with either games to my knowledge

Storyline:
Spoiler! :
PQI had a straight forward storyline, you caused a crisis, now avert it. Where PQII had more 'emotion' to it. Were as you know who the screwed you over, and you, as the player, were determined to take him down! While PQ1 had a more bad guy just wants to rule the world; PQ2 had bad guy wants to blow up the world.

Graphics: PQI showed the unique style of graphics I've never seen before. PQII was toned down a bit but still showed out pretty well.

Stablity: PQ2 was stable throughout the game, I noticed no bugs, unusual menu glitches, and such. I had save problems at times, so I used save states for the most part.

Overall I give this game 4.5/5,0 for its time

Thank you once again for letting me play this game.
Glad you enjoyed it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:51 pm 

I'm a little ashamed to say so, but I have yet to play either Lennus game ^.^'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:49 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
I'm a little ashamed to say so, but I have yet to play either Lennus game ^.^'
One way to enjoy it would be to write a Portuguese version at the same time as you play it.